Author Topic: Pilot - Kooz & Skunk Flattie run 7-9  (Read 2021 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Kooz & Skunk Flattie run 7-9
« on: July 09, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »
Launched with my NB brothers early this AM and made a full day of it.  Worked all the sticky stuff we could find.  Had plenty of fish throughout the day.  Kooz had me splitting a gut just by showing up with a fishing stick that looked like he got it out of a clown's volkswagon.  He calls it Putt.  Now, not bent pole, or Pumpkin (which he had today too) or Putt-Putt (that's an entirely different stick), just plain Putt.  It's about 3 ft long.  Looks like an ice fishing tippet stick with penn squidder knock off attached.  To top it off, it's a 2 piece.  How the heck is he going to fish with this stuff is beyond me ???, but the dude does it everytime we're out.  This is the fish whisperer.  The guy who cut his teeth with his mama at the raritan canal in NB using bamboo sticks.... no joking here.  He could care less about a G-Loomis, St Croix..."Gimme your second best pole, check out this thing I picked up at a garage sale"  "It might be of value!"   So, he does his thing... looking to hook anything, the stranger the better.  Well today, he stuck the pins to fish most of the day but had a tough time coming across a keep.   Skunk was drilling the spike too but came up only adding one to the coffin.  He did have a striper underneath a bunker pod that he got boat side before it threw the hook.  That would have been a nice bonus for the day.   

We had fish on every drop.  Largest going 5.3lb on the digital and a pair at 4.2lbs.   Nice healthy fish was the order of the day.  Even the just shy fish had thick shoulders and put up the good fight.   

Happened to see Mark (Treebeard) on the Fluka Brasi later in the day.  Real nice rig there Mark.  Hope you got all the kinks ironed out.  That's a sweet ride!

Ended the day with 9 in the tank.  Great day with two friends that I've known for 48 years.  Does'nt get much better than that! TT^ TT^

A couple of pics.

Till next time t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Pilot - Kooz & Skunk Flattie run 7-9
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »
Love it! ;D  Great report Jeff. t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:52 AM »
Sounds like allot of fun .  chrz

Offline Tbone

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »
Never know what Brian will do next.  LMAF  hhppy.
Great report and congrats on your limit Pilot  clp.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »
nice haul

Offline shayshay

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
I'm crying  hhppy. I wish i could have made it out with you brother, but i had a lot on my plate this past weekend... thud

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
Fine and entertaining report Pilot!  clp  Nice work on the flatties.. We had a similar day.. It was a pleasure to talk to you out there.. thanks for the kind words.. thankfully the the boats been running strong this season.. hope to cya out there again soon  t^  chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-