Author Topic: 8/6 Fluking with the Brinks  (Read 1704 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
8/6 Fluking with the Brinks
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
Had Dave  Sr and Jr Brink on board today Fluking in the Leonadro Fluke Masters Tourn. Flare gun start was at 0600 and we ran out to the grounds that have been producing for us. Conditions were good to start the day. Was not long before the poles started bending with Fluke and Sea Bass.

Worked this spot heavy and put in a 9 lb Fluke, 6 lb Fluke 2  5 pounders and a 4 + numerous fish at 18" amd tons of fish between 17 1/2 and 17 3/4" as well as Sea Bass to 5 lbs. Fishing was going good then a stiff south wind kicked in and made conditions tough. Threw the drift sock out and it helped a bit, but then the wind picked  up and it just made it impossible.

Made the run back north and into the Bay, could not put any more quality fish in the boat, as conditions were ledd than desirable in the bay also.  Called into the tourament to get the place weights (5 fish torun) and calcutta fish weight. Were told thaqt an 18 lb fish was the calcutta fish and 40 + pound was the five fish total. As we would not be able to place we did not weigh in. OUR BIG MISTAKE, as it turns out the Tourn scale was off read some 60% high. This would have put us in there for a third or fourth. One Capt. I spoke to had a fish weighed on the tourn. scale at 16.3 lbs, he then took it to a certified scale later and is was 10.1 lbs. So another lesson learned.

Great day on the water with 2 great guys and skilled fisherman. Lots of laughs, a good time and plenty of meat in the box

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: 8/6 Fluking with the Brinks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:05:12 PM »
Sure there were no complaints Bob losing with a #9 fish nothing to be ashamed of  TT^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »
Great effort Bob....

Too bad about the scale thing nosmly

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
Nice . chrz

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:15:04 PM »
That's a big flukie there! t^  Sorry about the messed up tourney deal. :P

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
 thud

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:52:20 AM »
Getting the guys on some fish to put in the box is always great. TT^  Wind sucks and bad scales are even worse.  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
I was wondering how you guys did I met you at the captains meeting my mother in law is daves neighbor. We didn't weigh either only being able to put 4 fish in the box we were hammerd all day with shorts, dogs, and sea robins. Everywhere we fished.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-