Author Topic: Va Beach Report (offshore)  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Va Beach Report (offshore)
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »
Anglers:

Offshore Va Beach is turning up nice catches of Tuna and Mahi. The white bite is heating up.

Started off this morning at the 25 fathom Navy buoys and found several nice mahi. Attached is a pic of several of the size hanging on the bouys. After loading up on some meat I pointed the Viking due east to intercept the west end of the Norfolk Canyon. Immediately pick up an kamakazi Mako that blue up on our cedar plug. Got the small 42" inch fish in the boat for an attempted clean release. Capt. Green pulls a "Steve Irwin" jumps on his back & covers the sharks head with a towel and cuts the leader as close to hook as possible. In the meantime he took one hell of a ride around the pit. Funniest thing I've seen in along time. And yes for the record. WE WON"T BE DOING THAT GAIN!!   slt slt

Back on the troll and in the distance I see the water boiling and water thrashing around. Get the boat closer and see the Tuna busting the water eating on the surface. Yell down to the crew and get them at "GENERAL QUATERS" cause all hells gonna break lose. As soon as we get close every rod in a 8 rod spread gets blasted. Land 3 Tuna and 3 large Fat Alberts. As I trolled away, I turned heavy to get back on them. This time I see what seems to be a weedline. Im thinking, I didnt see that before. As we approach it, I see it moving at a fast pace towards the boat. Im thinking what in the world is this. Just as it gets closer the Tuna come up from under and tear it up. As they break it up I realize its a large school of squid. Looked like something out of Blue Planet. Coolest thing I'ver ever seen. Fish it for another 1/2 hr and pick up a total of 7 Yellowfin and at least a dozen large alberts.

The day is coming to a close and I start to make my preps for getting underway back to the barn when our long flat get nailed. The Penn 50 is under fire and the angler picks it up and the fight begins. Immediately the Marlin airs out of the water and fight is on. Finally bring the fish to the boat, mates touches leader and the 1st white Marlin of the year is caught.

Great day with a great crew!

Attached is a few pics for you to enjoy.

Stay Safe out there and "Catch em up".

Capt. Scott
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:02:30 AM by On Course »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Va Beach Report (offshore)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:26:17 AM »
Great trip and report Capt. Scott t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-