Author Topic: Fishguts 8/17 bay/ocean combo trip  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 8/17 bay/ocean combo trip
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Today it was Tom, Angelo and Hughe out for their annual combo trip. Great weather ,conditions and action all day long. We started out hitting the ocean wrecks. Not much quality today on the seabass but the numbers were still very good.You had to weed through the weenies and most keepers were in the 12.5" TO 14 with a handful of fish pushing 2 lbs. The guys also had a keeper cod ,blues ,ling and short blackfish keeping the rods bending. The guys had great action and a nice box when we set our sights on some light tackle fluking in the bay. They enjoyed a real good bite  of short fish mixed with some keepers that only got better as the tide started moving. Highlight was a sweet 24" fish(5.8 lbs) that Tom nailed on a light trout rod. The guys dropped a few other big boys that had them doubled over but did manage another keeper that tapped out at 19" for some bonus fillets. Plenty of blues also tearing up the baits. A real fun day with great conditions and great people. Trip total for the 3 anglers 56 keeper seabass, one legal codfish,2 ling, 10 bluefish and 2 keeper fluke along with a few hundred short fish released 

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Re: Fishguts 8/17 bay/ocean combo trip
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
Pic of a squirrel hake that was released

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
OK..  I fish 4 hours for no keepers..  and you fish  for 1 hour in the same spot.. and get 2 keepers..  That's what makes some fisherman.. better than others t^  slt

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »
Wow thats a great day out fishing. the more i hear of the action down there makes me want to try it!!!!
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-