Author Topic: Ever Enough's Fluke fishing 8/30  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Ever Enough's Fluke fishing 8/30
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
Well it ended up beening just me and one other person.We left Atlantic highlands launch ramp around 8:30 am.
  As we went around the rock wall, Debries of all types and sizes were floating around  along with a reddish copper colored water.
  The water had a line goin north to south one side was clear blue the other side was reddish brownish, almost like an algee bloom????

We headed out to buoy #5 in the hook channel we were greeted with 2-3 foot chop we set up at my"spot" and we got NOTHING. After 35 mins we went down to the highlands bridge area in the ocean  along with some nice size swells and NOTHING .We then went back around the hook to the reach channel and NOTHING we then drove all over the bay and NOTHING...As it hit 130, we went back in the ocean only to be greeted with some more chop and again some nice size swells and a current that was intense.. we turn around as soon as we got there never even dropped a line and went back to the ammo pier and I got a sea robin that was the size of a snapper and a fluke that was 11 inches.
   We Called it a day and headed back to port with EMPTY fish holds, Empty fuel tank but enjoyed the day on the water.  Till next time....... chrz
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:17:10 AM by offshore madness »
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Ever Enough's Fluke fishing 8/30
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
Great effort.

I think the fish went further offshore during the big blow. They will be back in and feeding after the bottom settles down some. It's not over yet.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
I do belive they did go farther out but the conditions were not that great and the 5 buoy was good enough for this time out.Remember its a 17 footer.

I kinda figured it would be like that but what the hell got to take a chance some times ya know? The thing that got my attention was the size and amout of debries out there it was crazy amounts! The color i kinda believe was wash off and some Hurricane effects.

Any way it was better then sitting at the house withy no power.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
Gave it a shot.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:54:58 PM »
Good try, good report  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
Nice try t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-