Author Topic: Manasquan Inlet Fall Stripers  (Read 1563 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Manasquan Inlet Fall Stripers
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
Hello all! I am just getting back into saltwater fishing after being out of it for quite some time. I am fishing a 23' WA from the Manasquan River area. I am interested in learning about fall striper fishing in the Manasquan/PPC area and could use every bit of advise as you can offer as I have never been striper fishing ever. So, if you could be so kind and help me with the following questions.....

1) When does stiper fishing begin to pick-up?

2) Where are some good areas in the Manasquan/PPC to concentrate my fall striper fishing? If you can provide landmarks or GPS #'s that would be most appreciated.

3) What is a good bait selection?

4) Any other information would be greatly appreciated. I am not in this for taking home a trophy fish, I just want to get out and enjoy the rest of the season.

Thanks!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline FishOn

Re: Manasquan Inlet Fall Stripers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Find the bait and match that profile as best as possible. ( from a boat find the fleet of boats and do what they are doing). Could be jigging Ava jigs and trolling umbrella rigs if sandeels are around or casting poppers and trolling bunker spoons or Shad rigs if bunker are around. Check out the stickies. Lots of good info there. Not to sound like a jerk, but my wife doesn't even know where I'm fishing most of the time so I say go out on the water and think like a fish
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
Re: Manasquan Inlet Fall Stripers
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
There really are alot of ways to go about striper fishing in the fall.  I'm not a great fan of the "follow the boats" method because I find that before long, people end up stopping at a given spot not because there are fish there anymore, but just because they see other fisherman 5hrug.  The people who found the fish there in the first place have probably even moved on... anyway, for me, step #1 is usually to look for birds, busting baitfish, or good marks on the fishfinder. On the (many) days when that doesent work out, I generally like to troll umbrella rigs and stretch plugs until i find somewhere worth stopping.  At that point, its just a matter of figuring what bait is around and what will make the fish bite.
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-