Author Topic: Luna Sea 4 report...  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Luna Sea 4 report...
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »
Or lack of.

Due to 2 herniated discs in my lower lumbar, I have been out of commission and taking it easy since early May.  My reports are mostly crabbing in the bay, not to take such a beating on my back, catching snapper blues, Tices, and sitting on the dock with the kids and evening boat rides.

Good news, since the Dr. claims my present employment is to stressful on my back, I am going to apply for a medical retirement.  Yes, retired at 39, if it gets approved.  Pain management is helping with epidoral shots in my spine every 3 weeks, so next season may be a good one, especially if I am officially retired.  Retired = time.

It is very painful reading all good reports on here without getting the opportunity to get out myself.  The only person suffering more then me is Uncle Luna, especially when in early May we had much talk about a great 2011 season.

Now we have to wait for 2012 and hopefully a better one at that.  I will have to pick my days wisely, so I don't take a pounding on my back, but spirits are up.

Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline JFalasco97

Re: Luna Sea 4 report...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »
Man that sounds tough, but hopefully you'll get accepted and have more time next season. Good luck with it, get well and back out soon!
RIP - 2008 Hydra Sports 3300

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 11:12:19 AM »
Good luck with everything.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
Or lack of.

Due to 2 herniated discs in my lower lumbar, I have been out of commission and taking it easy since early May.  My reports are mostly crabbing in the bay, not to take such a beating on my back, catching snapper blues, Tices, and sitting on the dock with the kids and evening boat rides.

Good news, since the Dr. claims my present employment is to stressful on my back, I am going to apply for a medical retirement.  Yes, retired at 39, if it gets approved.  Pain management is helping with epidoral shots in my spine every 3 weeks, so next season may be a good one, especially if I am officially retired.  Retired = time.

It is very painful reading all good reports on here without getting the opportunity to get out myself.  The only person suffering more then me is Uncle Luna, especially when in early May we had much talk about a great 2011 season.

Now we have to wait for 2012 and hopefully a better one at that.  I will have to pick my days wisely, so I don't take a pounding on my back, but spirits are up.

Nick, I have 3 cerivical herniations and at least one lumbar.  I have been through surgery, epidurals, rehab, chiro, you name it and I'm 34.  If you need any recommendations, good doctors, anything, just let me know.  I've been to them all. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
I also have herneated disc in my spine L-4 L-5..I also had the shots,rehab,pain pills(which i hate and so on)..
  it sucks bro i know im 37 happened when i was 29..

What i found that helped me was laying on the floor with my knees bent,sleeping with a pillow between my knees and just taking it easy(altho thats easier said then done). If you need a great dr. try dr. ani in hazlet he is one of the best around,or dr.lospinosa in jersey shore.....great Drs.

Heat b4 u do something and ice after...
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
hey take it easy Nick every need a hand give me a shout
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
Dam Nick I hope all is well it is tuff dealing with a bad back.Do alot of walking it will help. :'(
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
Dang Nick..  get well t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
Or lack of.

Nick, I have 3 cerivical herniations and at least one lumbar.  I have been through surgery, epidurals, rehab, chiro, you name it and I'm 34.  If you need any recommendations, good doctors, anything, just let me know.  I've been to them all. 
thanks.. right now the epidoral shots are helping alot, which gets me through my every day basic activities.  I just can't over exert myself or I am on the floor.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
My goal..

Shots are working, gets me on my feet.

I have to force myself not to exert myself when I feel good.  The shots are only a band-aid for the pain, not a cure for the problem.

Try to lose some weight without a lot of exercise.  Exercise = exertion. 

And if all is good with my medical retirement, I may be a new man by next spring with time to fish.  lol

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
Nick, I understand your pain Brother !! Been through the entire route your taking now.Then,two 3" plates and six screws in my neck and then 6  4"stainless rods in my spine has been no walk in the park. fcp fcp. Life is still good and I'm thankful.
I will keep You in my Prayers. t^ t^ 

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 11:14:20 PM »
Back pain is a bitch. My mother been thre all of th same including nerve damage she now has a stimulator implant as well as a morphene pump implant take it easy
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »
Best of luck to you with all that Nick.  Hope you're feeling better soon. t^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 06:13:12 AM »
Best of luck to you Nick. I hope everything goes your way, and you do find relief for your back injuries. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »
Good luck, sorry to hear.
Try any alternative stuff, Chiropratics, accupuncture, yoga ? Couldn't hurt.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 12:48:47 PM »
Best of luck Nick.  If you ever need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to holler.   slt
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »
Good luck, sorry to hear.
Try any alternative stuff, Chiropratics, accupuncture, yoga ? Couldn't hurt.

Hey don't want to go against anything, but I do recommend being careful with the chiro.  I think chiro's are excellent when you have a healthy spine or even some mild issues of herniations, but once your in the level that it sounds like Nick is in you have to be careful.  I was going to a chiro early on when I was beginning to have syptoms with my neck.  None of the doctors really took my symptoms seriousl because I was 25 at the time.  They figured I had a pinched nerve.  Going to the chiro things were getting worse and worse, it felt like someone was pouring boiling water down my spine each time he adjusted my neck.  Once I finally had an MRI the chiro looked at it and immediately agreed the adjustments were not helping, and could be inflaming things.  Not saying anything bad about chiro's, just more or a heads up.  I think chiro's are great for preventative care especially. 

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
I did go to the Chiro first.  Then it got worse and went to my primary Dr.  She sent me to a Sports Medicine Dr. who sent me for X-rays and MRI and also gave me a cortisone shot.  Didn't help.  He sent me to the pain management Dr. who is treating me now. I finally feel much better, but like the Dr. said, its only a band-aid.  I get around fine, you would never know i have a problem, until I exert myself.

Earlier this year I tried towing my boat, but when I stepped on the break I was full of pain.  My sciatic nerve was preventing me from driving, and towing.  I tried having someone else drive, but didn't help. I just couldn't sit in any position. This is when I decided to have the boat put in the Toms River lagoon for simple pleasure without the pain.  All this was before the shots though, so I now can drive and tow.

I did hear from a friend to stay away from the surgery.  It made it worse for him. 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
I did go to the Chiro first.  Then it got worse and went to my primary Dr.  She sent me to a Sports Medicine Dr. who sent me for X-rays and MRI and also gave me a cortisone shot.  Didn't help.  He sent me to the pain management Dr. who is treating me now. I finally feel much better, but like the Dr. said, its only a band-aid.  I get around fine, you would never know i have a problem, until I exert myself.

Earlier this year I tried towing my boat, but when I stepped on the break I was full of pain.  My sciatic nerve was preventing me from driving, and towing.  I tried having someone else drive, but didn't help. I just couldn't sit in any position. This is when I decided to have the boat put in the Toms River lagoon for simple pleasure without the pain.  All this was before the shots though, so I now can drive and tow.

I did hear from a friend to stay away from the surgery.  It made it worse for him. 

I had surgery in my cervical spine.  They went through the back of my neck and shaved off alot of bone spur and bugling from 2 discs.  This alleviated the radiating pain that went down my back and left arm, but none of the other symptoms.  I currently have no feeling on my outer left shoulder, my inner left forearm, and my left pointer finger.  I have minimal feeling in my left middle finger as well.  In my left tricep muscle, only two of the 3 muscle heads actually contract as well as only part of my left chest muscle.  This has obviously left me with a pretty noticable imbalance of strength which sucks because I am actually left handed.  I also used to be a pretty darn good guitar player, however now I don't have the dexterity to do more than play chords.  With all that being said, even though the surgery only took the pain away out of all those syptoms, it was still worth it.  That pain can literally make you want to explode out of your own body.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-