Author Topic: Salmon tips needed  (Read 1815 times)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Salmon tips needed
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:15 AM »
I've decided that I'm going to head north either next weekend or the following depending on the reports for Salmon. I've been steelhead fishing many times but never tried for kings. Can anyone give me some tips? I know very little about it so any info would be helpful. I'll most likely be fishing the Oswego river because I can't wade the Salmon River. Thanks.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Re: Salmon tips needed
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
If it will help....I have the rod and some stuff I used years ago when I fished upstate New York for Salmon every year.... You Can have it all. It's just sitting doing nothing at my house....Let me know.

Dave
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:20:08 PM »
Thanks! I'd take you up on it but  don't think I'll be able to get to your area before next weekend.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
Thats cool....The gear just sits anyway.....have you done any salmon fishing before or is this going to be your first trip.
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »
First time for Salmon.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
I can't help you much Scott. I only fish the estuary of the Big Salmon river or the lake. I know what I use in the river will catch you fish if you can find them and you have room to cast a lure from the wall. look for a Lure Jensen Loco or knock off in green glow. Get yourself a camera flash to charge the lure. Flash the lure and keep casting it. You will catch fish in the mouth. If the fish are heavy you will also foul hook them, make sure you throw them back.

Good luck
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-