Author Topic: Jersey Girl, from The Jersey Shore, hite the Florida Middle Grounds  (Read 10450 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
 grtn
Friday afternoon and the Florida Fisherman ll , with its crew of six, is ready to go. Fuel, heavily brined bait, excited anglers, hundreds of pounds of ice, and enough food to feed a small army; we are ready. Will the fish be there? Remember, NOAA has been preaching for years that if it swims, it's over-fished. Only one problem NOAA! We who actually fish know differently. We know that no one bothered to tell ARS, Grouper, or AJ's that they were in "Deep" trouble.
Boy! Madeira Beach sure is beautiful. kina hard to pull away; but we have a date with the Florida Middle Grounds.
After a fine meal, Tammy, our "Jersey Girl, " served cheese burgers deluxe, we hit the bunks. It takes a lot of energy to fight the monsters of the Grounds; we want to be ready.
The bite began, as it would be all day, slow, but steady.
Beautiful American red snapper were plentiful and big. Mister John Thompson really showed us how to catch American reds. Captain Mark Hubbard, and crew, vented these red monsters and sent them home to fight again.
Mangrove snapper were relatively slow. Never-the-less, many Ground's sized mangos hit the deck, and continued to do so for the remainder of our trip. The Grounds grows big mangos.
Many beautiful gags and red grouper were caught. Mister Larry Miller specialized in large gags and reds. What a fight! Andy limited out on gags, as well as AJ's.
By mid afternoon, our catch was already very respectful and growing.
OK! With a good catch of grouper & snapper, it was time to challenge the mighty Amber Jack. Captain Mark Hubbard punches in the numbers for one of the many wrecks that dot the Florida Middle Grounds. The demise of this once proud ship still reaches up towards the sky; what a sight on the Florida Fisherman's fish finder. Amber Jacks can easily be seen up & down the length of this underwater treasure. Grouper can be seen near the bottom. Mister Jarvis Mathews caught his first ever AJ. Talk about an excited young man! Later on, Jarvis caught a second AJ. Limiting out on his first ever AJ trip. Way to go!
Mister Bill Wynn, Mister Joe May, as well as Andy, all challenged, and won, the fight with the mighty Amber Jack. What a fight! What a trip! Yes, NOAA, "No one bothered to tell the ARS, Grouper, or AJ's." Yes! Dear Jane, and her yes boy Roy, "We who actually fish know differently."
An now, I saved the best to last, the food!
Our on board chef, Tammy, sometimes called, The Jersey Girl...from the Jersey Shore, did us, and the Garden State proud. Her all the way cheese burgers are always a classic. The early morning French Toast was a real treat. Tammy's fresh salads are the best. And then the show stopper...Sloppy Joe's with yellow rice a green peas. Good job New Jersey, good Job!
Nine P M: Arm weary, full, and proud, we hit the bunks. Next stop, John's Pass, John's Pass, home of Hubbard's Marina and the Florida Fisherman.
In parting our first thought was...when can we do this again? When will we once again, "Have a date with the Florida Middle Grounds?"
Florida Fisherman ll is ready to go:

The bait is heavily brined & ready:

Madeira Beach is hard to leave behind:

ARS were all over the place:

Joe and a fine ARS:

Mr. John Thompson is proud of his ARS:

Vince with a fine ARS:

ARS are properly vented and sent back home:

Mangrove snapper:
Joe with a fine mango:

A very proud James:

The Grounds grows big mangos:

Grouper:
Mister Larry Miller is proud of his big gag:

Andy limited out (2 day limit):

Vince shows a nice gag:

James gaffed this gag:

Nice red grouper...Joe gaffed it:

Time to go to a wreck for Amber Jacks:
The Wreck: AJ's higher up; grouper on the bottom. That structure shooting up is the wreck itself:

Gaffing the mighty AJ:

Mister Jarvis Mathews first ever AJ...he limited out:

Mister Bill Wynn with a fine AJ:

Mister Joe May is proud of his big AJ:

What a fish:

Talk about teeth on that shark:

The food...Tammy "Jersey Girl" style:

We are proud of our catch:

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Jersey Girl, from The Jersey Shore, hite the Florida Middle Grounds
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »
Great pics and details,, thanks slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
Awesome just awesome
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Thanks guys.  Personally, I feel very close to the people of NJ. I have heard nothing but good things about the people & the State. Tammy, our long time chef, comes from a place called Jersey Shore?  Ever hear of that?  What is it like?   
It would really be great to have a culture exchange with the peoples of NJ. Not any kind of a competition; just looking at different ways of life.    Bob

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »
Super job on the pictures clp clp clp

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
Great report and photos as always, Bob.  clp
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »
Thanks guys.  Personally, I feel very close to the people of NJ. I have heard nothing but good things about the people & the State. Tammy, our long time chef, comes from a place called Jersey Shore?  Ever hear of that?  What is it like?   
It would really be great to have a culture exchange with the peoples of NJ. Not any kind of a competition; just looking at different ways of life.    Bob

I live 8 miles from sandy hook thats the start of the jersey shore. It a great fishing area for alot of different fish fluke,bluefish,bass,blackfish and so on.Many different ports to fish out of some out the inlet your in the ocean!
 The jersey shore is a hoppin area during the summer in sea bright, pt. pleasant,seaside heights areas.I no theres more i just dont know them!

Its a great place to raise a family,as im rasing 2 kids(13,14 girls) Great schools, things for them to do year round and every thing in my area is within walking distance! Altho the car insurance SUCKS the property taxes SUCKS and the cost  of living is up there,the fishing is great.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
 grtn
Thank you sir. I have been in Florida all my life; I know nothing else. It is really interesting hearing about other places. I am sure your great State has a great deal to offer.
Tammy, "Jersey Girl," has been our chef on the Florida Fisherman for years. She is a caring, loving , person. She watches over us like a mother hen. Sometimes she even finds time to do a little fishing:  Bob H.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 11:08:21 PM »
the best part of fishing florida, you always get a mixed bag..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »
Thats awesome glad she gets in on the action also. Yeah jersey is a nice place to live NOT retire rofla
 Ive been to florida once and it was beautiful didnt get the chance to fish tho nosmly.

My girlfriends parents live in cape coral and i got some family/friends through out florida. We were lookin to get down there soon. When we do head south we will for sure look you up and try and do a trip with you guys. I think that wood be awesome plus i never had boar...

As always Capt. Thanks for your reports and pictures I do look forward to reading them!
  A safe voyage and full fish holds to you and your crew  chrz

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »
The jersey shore has nothing to do with snooki or the situation also there's differnt parts of the shore. Where I live is the bayshore. Its way different then further south.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-