Author Topic: Tuesday bass and tog.  (Read 970 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Tuesday bass and tog.
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »
Started 7ish out by ambross drifting eels. Nothing . headed to NY side by some lumps and drifted some more. Caught a big blue that acted like a skate. Dead wieght , no fight. No bass. Was around birds for a while and started throwing jigs and plugs while drifting the eels. Caught 1 bass on a small danny swimmer. 33 inches.  Wind died and so did the bird action. Kept at it and even anchored up and chummed clams. Nothing. Gave it another go an ambross and called it quits on the bass. Ran south to try for some sea bass and anchored up by a fleet east of the reef.  Had non stop tog action for 1 1/2 hrs. Most keeper size. Nothing to big though. Ran over to the reef to try for sea bass again and only got more tog. All on clams BTW. Headed back north and tried for the striped ones again by SH channell. No luck there. Called it a day with 1 tog each and half a bass filet each. Can't wait for the 16th. Also wish I knew what that area east of the reef is. I think maybe 17 fathoms and the mud buey but diff charts say different things.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Tuesday bass and tog.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
 t^ t^Thanks for the report.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Tuesday bass and tog.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:03:57 PM »
Good effort on the bass been tough up in raritan bay this run.Least you had some meat to take home
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-