Author Topic: Manasquan 11/15  (Read 1125 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Manasquan 11/15
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
Well by the looks of the other reports I am seriously doing something wrong when it comes to stripers. We got a late start (as per usual lately). Headed out of the inlet to test the waters due to the lousy report and found the weatherman asleep at the wheel again.

Figuring it was already late (0900) we decided to hit the wrecks for our hand at seabass/tog. Got there only to find my newly made marker buoy was a little light and didnt hold the structure, making anchoring a PITA and the anchoring was another issue all in itself - I will definitly be making a reef anchor over the winter so this doesn't happen next season.

Anyway, we tried fishing the area only to pull up tons of dogfish. After much disappointment we decided to take the 14 mile or so run to Seaside to see if we could pull some late day stripers. As we were getting there everyone was pulling out and heading north again. We tried a few marks without any luck after a few drifts so, back to MI it was. On the way back we found some bait at the surface but couldn't pull anything out of the mix with AVA's. Outside of MI we found birds working pretty good and marked plenty of fish but, again nothing.

All in all it was a great day to be on the water and working on honing boating and fishin skills.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan 11/15
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »
Great effort...sounds like the earlier the better...Its good your gettin the hang of it all.Next year you'll be a pro,well almost, no ones perfect... TT^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
Great effort. I usually get a late start also. Just don't like getting up early any more.  ;D

It's tuff when the doggies take over a spot. Hard to get anything else going.

Keep at it, you'll hone in on them.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:51 AM »
 t^  GREAT EFFORT   t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-