Author Topic: Somewhat of a season recap  (Read 3401 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Somewhat of a season recap
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
I will have to see if I get the ambition over the next couple of days to check my log and get a count on the fish caught. Lacking that, here is a short recap of the 2011 season.

The crew of the Irish Ayes had a decent spring striper run. Some quality fish came over the rail and many breeders were released.

Fluke season was so-so. We had a few decent days with keepers but many, many short fish were boated and released. I do have to thank Hunter2 for the clicker. That sure did show the high number of shorts released. Amazing you can catch that many fish and not have many for the pan.

Mid/late August was somewhat of a catastrophe. Was entered in the Irish fluke tournament and didn't make the first hour before we had major engine trouble. Took the ride-of-shame behind TowBoat US to Gateway Marina in the Highlands and was sadly informed that I had two scorched cylinders and bearing problems. The only bright note was my extended warranty kicked in and the entire rebuild was covered by Yamaha without a question asked. As it stands now, the only original parts on my four year old F225 is the housing, fuel system and electric system. All else is factory new. It did take a month before the boat was put back in service due to a delay in receiving parts. Late September I was up and running again and running I did. The rebuild has 95 hours on it in a little over a month's time.  ;D

This leads to the season ending yesterday. Although I did want to get one last trip in today, the weather forecast was enough for the marina owner to almost insist that the boat be pulled yesterday instead of waiting till it's scheduled dry dock date tomorrow. Probably a good thing as it sounded like it was a real pounder out there today.

Time now for a much needed clean up and gear replenishment. 

Thanks to all who fished upon the Irish Ayes this year. Every trip was a winner because of you guys and gals no matter what the catch.  chrz
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Somewhat of a season recap
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:51:04 AM »
 t^

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:08:51 AM »
Sounds like a great season except the blown motor but yamahaha took care of it. Gateway is a fair marina i used to work there in the early 90's.

Hope you have a safe,profitable and enjoyable winter. chrz chrz chrz chrz Dec.4 is just around the corner TT^ TT^ TT^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:52:16 AM »
 t^

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:00:19 AM »
It's a sad day when the Irish Ayes comes out of the water for the season.  I wish I was able to getting out on her a few more times this year, but you know how that goes sometimes.

It was great getting out with you for the handful of times that I could.  Catching or not (and we usually are) it's always a terrific time on the Irish Ayes! t^

Here's to next season Joe! chrz

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »
Its always a pleasure and a great learning experience fishing with you and your buddies on the Irish Ayes. I recall a trip where we caught and released over a 100 short Fluke as counted on the clicker this summer. The next trip we had 16 keepers! ;D  I also caught my personal best Striper on the Irish Ayes. TT^ TT^    Thanks Joe
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:01 AM »
Solid year Joe despite the engine troubles clp

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
Joe, I felt you pain when I saw the Irish Ayes on the service rack and your motor scattered all over the shop floor at G'way.  nosmly  Despite that you you put your crew on fish and rallied.  Huge upside!  Total rebuild courtesy of Yammy. w00t  Hope to get out with you one day.

Have a great off season.   t^

Jeff 

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 10:28:54 AM »
 t^

Thanks Joe, for a nice trip in '11, hope to fish w/ya again next year!

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
Nice recap Joe.  Glad to hear your problems were fixed without a hitch.
Here's to a prosperous off-season, and a killer season to come!   chrz
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
 clp

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
It's always a good time fishing on or even near the Irish Ayes  chrz
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »
Ah Joe, You have recap the year pretty good like a fighter. Starts off good in the early rounds tires in the middle and comes back to finish strong.
Unlike me who has been in training camp most of the year, and still can not get in a grove. But 2012 is OUR YEAR !!!!!   t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-