Author Topic: Any Bored welders??  (Read 3786 times)

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
Any Bored welders??
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
I want to have a folding radar mast built for my boat just seeing if we have any Welder Members who want to make some extra cash over the winter before i have a pipe place do it

Rough drawing here  :P

270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Any Bored welders??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
Hey, the fuel dock attendant told me that the bridge will be raised by next season (take it for what it's worth).  You might have more options if that is the case. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »
Hey, the fuel dock attendant told me that the bridge will be raised by next season (take it for what it's worth).  You might have more options if that is the case. 

yeah was gonna have a full arch  made and just watch the tides for the season but they were veryyyy pricey from the big name companies
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
call 732 718 5923 his name is adam hes a pipe fitter/welder and does a nice job.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
dont know whats out of your range, but there atlantic towers "tower in a box" which is around 1500,,, and a custom built arch from pipe dreams was quoted at 1500 for reel time installed....

couple leads for ya if  any thing

for the folding mast, why weld. use an alum pipe with a pivot bracket and clamp the radars plate to the top, they gotta have a mast bracket, you see'em on sailboats all the time.

try hitting up some local welding shops see what they can do for ya over a specialized place.

and another option is the guy at lakeside welding,,,, does cooler racks out of his shed part time to try and make ends meet... very good product. made the step pops rack how he wanted it, custom mounting. and had him do some welding on another rack for me that wasn't even his.
35 Sepulga Dr
Browns Mills, NJ 08015
(609) 893-6695 <--- his house number

Jerry is his name, a really nice guy to deal with, and told me if it can be done, he'd give it a shot, and very reasonable to.

found a post i did awhile ago about him, here lakeside welding
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:45:06 AM by Reel Time »
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Mike,
Check out atlantic towers. Sometimes they have Scratch and dents. You can install it so you can pull two pins and lay it down if needed. Talk to Shelly, she knows her stuff.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »
Yea-guys talked to Mike yesterday--"in the box"--comes with backing plates and everything"

He will have help installing if needed TT^

Mike-hope you got something special for your birthday chrz

IKAT

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-