Author Topic: new to the area  (Read 1305 times)

Offline broughton4life

new to the area
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »
I will be at Fort Dix for 6 weeks doing some training. I am a avid firsherman and love to fish off my yak. is there any places i should deff check out this time of year..?

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: new to the area
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
 slt wa slt
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »
Welcome!

I have seen quite of few people fish their yaks in the Manaquan/Point Pleasant area.

Good luck!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »
if your talking saltwater, not a whole lot going on right now, but striper season will be underway soon for the back bays. closest would be back side of island beach state park,  barnegat bay or great bay(tuckerton). post in the kayak forums asking where to go early season, you will probably get a better response.

if your talking freshwater, i know a secrete bass spot out in whitesbogs that hold some nice fish.

the lakes in browns mills holds some nice bass also, any of the lakes will do, i always preferred the  eastern most lakes, acess to either can be had from bayberry st.

ft dix stocks thier lakes with trout, but dont know if there are any still around, or the seasons for them.  all i've ever caught where trout and sunny's at lake in the woods(off range rd), and the lake off texas ave.

if you where talking fresh, pm me and i can give you a run down on more semi local lakes within an hour drive.
All your tuna's are belong to me

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-