Author Topic: Police Training  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Police Training
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
For Capt. Joe of the Irish Ayes  ;D Joe did you have to endure this type of training to get on the force  ???  ;D

It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline JeffL

Re: Police Training
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
 rofla
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

Ok, coffee in cruiser class 101. This class is given during the first week of academy training as it is a very important step in being a top notch cop.

Stop at (insert your choice of convenience store here), pour 16 oz cup of coffee, add skim milk (half n half sucks), no sugar. Pull a few coffee lids off the pile, making sure that the lid you take is the pull up/resealable tab type. Never take the top one as it probably fell on the floor and was put back on top, take the third one down (that's probably the clean one).. Return the unused lids to the top of the pile.

Position the filled coffee cup so the 'seam' of the cup is at the rear. Install the lid so the tab (opening for drinking) is at the front of the cup, opposite the 'seam' of the cup. Now, as you are chasing a perp and you need to take a sip of coffee just grab the cup and line the 'seam' up so the seam is on your fingers. Do this and the opening of the tab will be right where it needs to be every time.  TT^ 

Now that you are properly trained, I bet 80% of the people who read this will try it and make it a new habit. I want some feedback in a week as to who is doing this.

(And you don't have to thank me)
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
Already do most of them and im not on the job, NJSWF where we learn how to fish and drink coffee t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
Already do most of them and im not on the job, NJSWF where we learn how to fish and drink coffee t^

Coffee!!!???!!!??
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

Coffee!!!???!!!??

Well yeah you have to prime the system first.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »
 rofla  Good one Skip! t^

Pull a few coffee lids off the pile, making sure that the lid you take is the pull up/resealable tab type. Never take the top one as it probably fell on the floor and was put back on top, take the third one down (that's probably the clean one).. Return the unused lids to the top of the pile.

Position the filled coffee cup so the 'seam' of the cup is at the rear. Install the lid so the tab (opening for drinking) is at the front of the cup, opposite the 'seam' of the cup. Now, as you are chasing a perp and you need to take a sip of coffee just grab the cup and line the 'seam' up so the seam is on your fingers. Do this and the opening of the tab will be right where it needs to be every time.  TT^ 

Now that you are properly trained, I bet 80% of the people who read this will try it and make it a new habit. I want some feedback in a week as to who is doing this.

(And you don't have to thank me)

Hey Joe.  Been doing both of those for years.  I figured everyone did the lid thing, but I thought I was the only one out there compulsive enough to make sure the seam is lined up every time.  nts ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-