Author Topic: NETKEEPER May 25, 2012 Michael Esemplare Bluefish Invasion & Mixed Bag  (Read 960 times)

Offline NetKeeper Fishing

Today we had Michael Esemplare joined by Jay, girlfriend Katrina and her father Abraham for a Striper and Mixed Bag trip. After a 2 week hiatus for engine work, I was chomping at the bit to get out today. I had high hopes for today given the killer Bass bite over the past few days. Ed loaded the well quickly and it was off to the grounds. Once there, we learned quickly that the Blues had invaded in force. Deep, shallow, East, South, not mater where we went the bluefish were there. It just was not safe to be a Bunker today, they had no chance against the hungry Bluefish.

Mid morning we switched gears and went bottom fishing. With the drift a little fast, I anchored up. As soon as lines hit the bottom, it was game on with the Sea Bass. Fast and Furious drop and reel fishing with singles and doubles coming up and a 1:3 keeper to short ratio. The crew boxed 25 keeper Sea Bass, 2 ling and 10 Blues were kept for tablefare. First Striper skunk of the season, round 2 this afternoon.

http://www.netkeeperfishing.com/netkeeper_fishing_reports/2012/05/25/may-25-2012-michael-esemplare-bluefish-invasion-mixed-bag/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:10:10 PM by NetKeeper Fishing »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-