Author Topic: Pilot - 6/16 running on empty  (Read 3064 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - 6/16 running on empty
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
How does this happen ???  checked out well over a dozen traditionally reliable spots today with my brother Jay and felt like it was our first time out!  We planned on hitting some of the deeper channel water only to find it covered with dogfish  If we were in the market for them we could have sunk the boat.  We manged a total of 2 flatties here and luckily one kept.  Ran to the west reach and fished deep and skinny water and came across a couple more short with one more for the picnic basket.   Drift was almost non existent.   Loaded up on sweet punts and we were ready to put the pinch on something.  Fished the ammo pier, SH tip, CG and picked one more short.    :headscra:   Threw in the towel at 1.   5 flatfish and a lot miles today.   Gunna have to rebound next week and get rid of the training wheels.  Hope your day was more productive  t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pilot - 6/16 running on empty
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
Had about the same results, tried the bug light, Flynn's, the sticks, swash, and in front of Earle. Just one keeper and 7 shorts. Oddly, no trash fish whatsoever.  I think I saw you cleaning your boat when I was heading in to Bahr's.   Better luck next week.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
 t^..Thanks for the report...Git em next week... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »
Not for lack of trying. t^

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
Pilot,

Sorry to hear of your results but you may have overlooked one very important thing....weather conditions! You've got an east wind for the entire weekend number one and outgoing water number two.....wind against. A KILLER....NO DRIFT=NO FISH!

I postponed two of my charters for this weekend because of that. Why waste gas, get banged around and get my customers pissed off when the odds were against me?

Come on Jeff, you've been around long enough to know that right?

Winds change to west quadrant on Wednesday.

Offline Tbone

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »
Good try pilot. You get em next time. slt

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:16:09 AM »
Good try CAPT Z,at least you and BRO-JAY,were'nt at home cutting grass.Better luck chrz next trip

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »
Somtimes you have to work for them Jeff  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
Pilot,

Sorry to hear of your results but you may have overlooked one very important thing....weather conditions! You've got an east wind for the entire weekend number one and outgoing water number two.....wind against. A KILLER....NO DRIFT=NO FISH!

I postponed two of my charters for this weekend because of that. Why waste gas, get banged around and get my customers pissed off when the odds were against me?

Come on Jeff, you've been around long enough to know that right?

Winds change to west quadrant on Wednesday.

John....even a mediocre Capt can put together a catch in ideal conditions!   Regarding your theory on wind against, that's the first I've heard of it.   I'll have write that "one" down  rofla

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 06:48:28 AM »
Jeff,

Sorry you got offended by what I thought was an overlooked condition. I wasn't slammin you, just trying to help you catch fish utilizing the "best" possible conditions.

I have a very loyal and quite substantial client base because I advise them of the conditions and wether or not we will be successful on our day on the water. My customer's appreciate that I'm looking out for their best interests and not taking them out for a expensive boat ride.

If you think that's being "mediocre" as a business man, then so be it.

There was never any slam intent on my original post, just trying to point out something that you "maybe" overlooked.....sorry.

Next time I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-