Author Topic: King Fish where????  (Read 1573 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
King Fish where????
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
I have caught kings in the surf most by chance anyone have a suggestion for them be it bay or ocean surf. My grand son now 6 has caught them at spots in the Raritan bay but are very small,

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: King Fish where????
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
 5hrug
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:59 PM »
 5hrug :headscra: :headscra: fcp rgmn

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:51 PM »
If I remember correctly, they usually don't show up until later July and August.  More recently, southern NJ has done much better than anywhere else with them.  Smaller hooks, bloodworms and I have even used small chunks of bunker to catch them.  The ones in the bays are usually juveniles.

Good luck!

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:53 AM »
Previously they stayed mostly south of the Barneget Inlet.   The last couple years they've been caught quite a bit in IBSP and SSP.   But a little later in the season. Havent heard of any yet this year

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Two years ago I caught 3 nice sized kings while anchored by the Sandy Hook bug light.  I was fishing for porgies at the time.  I think that some are caught in the surf and bay side of the hook at times but you are better off trying the southern beaches.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
 slt Thanks for the replies. I met a few guys that had nice size Kings last year that they caught in The Long Branch Surf at the the Red Church area. we used to walk the beach till we hooked one also bits of worm worked best. where there was one there were others. I was just going by that pc in the APP, If by Pier in Asbury then mean the rocks in front of convention hall. That paper has turned into a real Rag, The Friday fishing section is a farce. As The NJ news network and weather  fcp fcp fcp fcp fcp. That is never that correct and late on the reporting. Bill

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-