Author Topic: Just from what I see and hear  (Read 1322 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Just from what I see and hear
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
 t^ As i try to fish the beaches from PP to the hook, I have noticed taht the Head Boats ( HB )and even the chasers are not out front as in the past, or even trying, The HB just head north, from what I have gathered its The same old story ( BAIT ) Fish Food. The Raritan Bay area and out are Loaded with Peanuts and Snappers this year, must of been the early warm up I seen snappers 6 inches long a few longer for this time of the year, But then there is a problem I see also wasteful cast netting by a growing group more then in the past. I have seen 5Gal. Buckets full of Peanuts and snappers  cfzd when asked and told 15 snappers is the limit, the answers are not fit to print, And when the Mullet are of any size it will continue, Spearing also take a big hit. Is it time for some bait laws with some real teeth. On my many trips to Alaska the laws are strict and harsh, break some and you can loose your boat care all of you gear plus jail and a hefty fine ,  chrz hear they say I speak no English  rgmn The kellys have taken a hit by the sizes I see in the tackle shops, and the secret spots many have, And yes I will Drop a Dime in a Jersey Minute The number is in speed dial on my cell. we will always have slobs and poachers, its a shame when someone thinks no one is watching  smk Bill

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Just from what I see and hear
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »
 t^..Fishing out of Elizabeth I have seen 1st hand what some people will keep, don't think there is enough Officers for an effective enforcement of the fishery..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Just from what I see and hear
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
People dont think of bait as a fish with limits, thats the issue. Im all for catching your own bait but only keep what your gonna use. When i use live peanuts the remainder at the end of the day are released and the ones that didnt make it go in the freezer for future use. Another thing that drives me nuts is when people sein and dont get all the brine back into the water before they die or just dump them on the beach smk
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-