Author Topic: 7/4 - 7/8 Report  (Read 1176 times)

Offline HOokiN

• Master Kitchens & Baths
7/4 - 7/8 Report
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
My father is visiting from Vegas so we headed down Tuesday night to fish the rest of the week.
WEDS-Weather wasn't safe so we stayed in and did some work around the yard.  
THURS-Left the dock around 7 and headed out of Barnegat Inlet and headed to the BI reef. Beautiful morning. Picked up a few shorts got bored and went looking for blues. Found them south side of the inlet. Totally crushed them. Blues on light tackle is awesome. My father caught more fish this week than he did in the past 10 years. Good memories with great people. Put 60 in the boat that I grinded up for our upcoming shark trip.
FRIDAY-Left Early again and headed out of BI Inlet. We went out to the GSN Reef. Put two fluke 18" in the boat on chartreuse bucktail and gulp. Headed back in after the tide. Got our A$$eS kicked by the rough water. LOL. Felt beat up by the time we got back to the dock.
Saturday- Sharkin-Headed out of Little Egg Inlet 5:30 am. Again, got beat up by the waves but we pushed through the rough water and got to our spot south of the Little EGG Reef. Started Chumming and Grinding blues, 12 big fat eels from our lagoon, clams, bunker, squid. LOL you name it, we chummed it. Drifting North. Set up Balloons at 15,30 and 50 deep. 20 mins later, we had our first brown on. ( hit the closest balloon at 15ft) Nice fight but we were looking for a thresher. Kept Drifting North. 3 hours and 3 brown sharks to 50 pounds. Started to drift into the reef and the sharking slowed down so we transitioned to fluking. first cast. 24" 4.5 pound fluke. ( my personal best =) ) By then the heat really kicked in so we packed up and went looking for the blues. Found the birds right outside of the inlet eating spearing and sand eels. 3 of us. triple hookups til we loaded the boat with 45 or so blues to grind up for next weeks shark trip.
Be back @ it Saturday-

James.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:00:58 PM by HOokiN »
Grady White 20' Over-Nighter -
H o O K i N ! /  2012 Chevy Silverado Duramax -

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: 7/4 - 7/8 Report
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »
Nice trips!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
 t^  WAY TO GO GUYS   t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
 t^..Thanks for the report, Memories of fishing with dad last a life time....enjoy.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-