Author Topic: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
Left Bahr's Landing at 6:10 AM with a hard stop at noon.  I was armed with fresh peanuts, squid, killies and a dozen sandworms.  Went straight to CH channel near the borrow hole and started a drift with a light rod rigged with a sandworm and I was bucktailing another.  As soon as I drifted over the edge I had my first weakfish in 2 years, just a 12" spike but great to see again. Made another pass and got two more weakies of the same size.  Next drift I landed 4 short fluke 16" class on the bucktail.  As I was about to go back the light rod gets a hit and I land an 18.5 fluke on the worm.  Back again and I get 3 more Jersey keeps but they go back too.  I was also picking away on shorts on the bucktail.  Ran out of worms pretty quick once the fluke took an interest.  Tried a gulp sandworm but only caught some large birds.  Made a move further north around West Bank and had lots of action on bait and jigging gulp.  Managed only 1 NY keep at 21.5" out of about 15 more shorts.  Moved to Ambrose and only caught a bird, and my time was running out so I pulled the plug and was pulling into my slip at 12:05.   
Now I am off to drive my daughter to JFK to pick up her boyfriend.  I was halfway there  rgmn.   Just heard the belt parkway was closed so it is going to be a long one.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:53 PM »
good action, those areas tend to see less pressure than say, Flynn's or the Buglite area.

Too bad the NY regs are so restrictive

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
 t^..not too bad for a quickie with a weakie too..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-