Author Topic: florida peacock bass fishing????  (Read 1659 times)

Offline rdent5

florida peacock bass fishing????
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
heading to ft lauderdale in early sept want to go for some peacock bass and absolutely want to put one on the wall so that being said does anyone have any good charters in that area for some nice sized peacock bass thanks guys

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: florida peacock bass fishing????
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:47:42 AM »
rdent5,

You will have to go a little further south for peacocks.  I have fished for them twice in the canals of Miami.  They are a blast on freshwater bass gear.  They fight like smallies on steroids! ;D  And my last trip there I caught 50 of them up to about 5 lbs.

For a guide I would, without hesitation, recommend Alan Zaremba www.floridapeacocks.com.  He is a great guy and really knows his stuff. t^

He also does charters in the Amazon for the big boys.  Someday I am going to get down there for them.

Offline FlukinCrazy

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
I don't know of any charters in the area, sorry, but FWIW I went down Fort Lauderdale a few years back for a family reunion and we did some peacock bass fishing down around the Everglades. Wasn't a far drive at all really. Went down for a fanboat tour and the same place rented out 10-12' aluminums with an out board. Probably not what you're looking for, but we had a lot of fun. If you do decided to go that route and the fishing seems a bit slow, go back to where they dock the fan boats, cast right at the boats then rip your bait back. That's where we nailed 80% of the fsh we caught. Pops had me beat with a large peacock, then I decided to slow things down, hopped a minnow along the bottom and landed a largemouth that put his fish to shame ;D

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
:headscra: :headscra: I got nadda! When I go down to see my brother, we take the Flamingo head boat out. It has been pretty good with producing fish too. (save that story for another post) I understand you are looking for something different too.... You can always BING or GOOGLE if someone on here cant help which i find totally hard to believe. There is actually a blogger on here from FL. Realllly cool man...Ill see if I can find him and tell him to shoot you a note with some info if I can. Good luck!!!   slt slt

Offline rdent5

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
sounds good thanks i just checked out his site looks pretty good thats def looks like the number place so far i want one on the wall for sure

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-