Author Topic: Ocean Grove Beach Report  (Read 2650 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Ocean Grove Beach Report
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
Arrived 8am + - The tide was very high and the water was 78 and the water was very clear and very calm SW wind as it got hotter the humidity was rising. then about 11am the wind switched to a E-SE  and I could breath again pawle . There was not a single boat in site, N or S there was a commotion just yards off the Beach just N of the pier with Terns swooping and diving. but I did not see any thing breaking the surface. what ever it was were hanging deep (BUNKER  5hrug ). Then just before noon 11:30 am the half day fleet were heading home from the north. only 2 :headscra: then a fleet of small boats passed going north some in a hurry, As a Tug with a Barge pasted  going S and into Shark River Inlet. then as it got closer to 2:30 pm more head boats headed to the barn only 3 and a few from the east heading in Mud Hole  :headscra: seems they still go north to fish Fluke, What a boat ride fcp. packed up 3pm headed home did not fish, , Just think if there was a inlet at Sea Bright from the Shrewsbury and Navisink, the gas and time saved even if they had a toll to use it like ezpass  slt its better then a trip around the hook. And since ww 1 they have talked about one and every time a break happens near sandy hook but the objection is it would raise the water level in the rivers  fcp Looks like a hot one for tomorrow high humidity. OH  slt met a guy that is doing big time on King fish at High tide Asbury and the Grove boarder at the out pipe. Pcs of Clam or sand worm. Nothing on the pier nt a soul fishing fcp Bill

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: Ocean Grove Beach Report
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
Nice traffic report, Bill.   t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline FishOn

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
Just think if there was a inlet at Sea Bright from the Shrewsbury and Navisink, the gas and time saved even if they had a toll to use it like ezpass  slt its better then a trip around the hook.

I hope a good storm opens up an inlet between seaside park and ibsp. Would be a straight shot east across BB to get outside instead of heading all the way to BI
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
A friend of mine rack stores his boat at navesink marina. i can walk to the ocean in 2 minutes from there but we have to drive 1+ hours to get to the same spot. A canal there would be huge, I have seen old maps somewhere when they actually did connect.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
Just think if there was a inlet at Sea Bright from the Shrewsbury and Navisink, the gas and time saved even if they had a toll to use it like ezpass  slt its better then a trip around the hook.

I hope a good storm opens up an inlet between seaside park and ibsp. Would be a straight shot east across BB to get outside instead of heading all the way to BI

Back in the day (1750's) a storm ripped an inlet into the northern section of Seaside, called the Cranberry Inlet which was closed by another storm in the 1800's.  Hey, it could happen again! 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:49:42 AM by SurfJockey »
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
 t^.....Thanks for the report..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
 whs Oh its my report anyway  t^

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »

Back in the day (1750's) a storm ripped an inlet into the northern section of Seaside, called the Cranberry Inlet which was closed by another storm in the 1800's.  Hey, it could happen again! 

You are correct, most experts agree it's not a matter of if, but when a storm will bust through and create a passage. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-