Author Topic: Hello Old Friends  (Read 4363 times)

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
Hello Old Friends
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
I haven't been able to bring myself to read about fishing in a long time... Sorry that I have been absent for so long but I had some bad luck and ended up needing some really major heart surgery including a couple of mechanical valves and Aortic repair... IT SUCKED! Anyway, my days of casting from the shoreline are over, I don't have a boat or a surfrocket, and I am financially SCREWED. But I saw the Facebook post and figured I would see who was still around and if anyone here remembered me. Either way... Hello Everyone!
 chrz
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Hello Old Friends
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »
Hey Buddy.. Sorry about all your trouble..  Always good news being vertical.. which you are t^  Nice to hear from you again..

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
Yes sir... Most of the time anyhow! Glad to see you are still quick on the response! How have been buddy?
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
Busy..  t^

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
That's Good to Hear!  clp
Steven Wright

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »
Hi Sean!  Sorry to hear about all that you've gone through.  Though, it's good to see you posting again. t^

It's been over two years since we've seen you.  The last time was when you won the Mai Tai basket at the banquet.  Here's hoping you'll eventually feel well enough to use some of that good stuff. chrz

In any case, don't be a stranger.

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:25:59 AM »
Hey Buck... I will try to keep up with the site a little closer, and I miss talking with all of you guys. I was able to use a few of the great Bucktails and various goodies from the bucket.I also managed to lose a few, and the rest are in the box waiting for me to get stronger, so hopefully they won't have to wait too too long. My friends are throwing me a fundraiser in less then a month... so hopefully I can make enough to pay some of my crazy high medical debt... and with any luck I will get my hands on one of those bait bazookas from the surfrocket and start fishing again.  t^ But I got a long way to go before I can start spending on me... unless you count paying the new mechanical parts of my heart!  fcp rgmn
Steven Wright

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
 grtn sorry about your health issues Sean. It's good to have you posting again t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »
Hey Sean.  I was just wondering about ya recently.
Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck, but glad you pulled through it. 
Hang in there.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 12:27:44 PM »
Sorry to hear of the health issues.  If you're ever able to get out, I'd be glad to take you on the beach to give it a shot.  I'll cast, you crank.   ;D
Nice to see you.  Wish you the best.
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »
I dont know you but I am still sorry that you were sick, but you are now on your way to getting better!!!  slt Good luck!!! 

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »
Welcome back!

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
Thanks Everyone! I am so used to going it alone that I hadn't even given it a thought to have someone else do the casting! Might take you up on that one! ;D Nice to talk to Old friends ... and say hello to some new ones!
Steven Wright

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
As for the new friends... uuumm ... Ms Fish, I wouldn't suggest sticking your head in the mouths of gators!   nts ;D
Steven Wright

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »
As for the new friends... uuumm ... Ms Fish, I wouldn't suggest sticking your head in the mouths of gators!   nts ;D
>:D I'm a lil certified!!! chrz its very nice to meet you!!! I sincerely do hope you get well soon; that must have been awful and quite scary for you,  :-\ If you are able to fish on a boat, and not surf fish, I have a lil 18.5 center con bluefin outta Seawarren and always up to making new friends and even taking someone with me fishing... I love to learn new things and such from people that have been fishing longer than me; and always open to suggestions on how to land the big boyeeees!!! slt slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-