Author Topic: Who can Identify This ( Ship ) Or ( Boat )  (Read 3175 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Who can Identify This ( Ship ) Or ( Boat )
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
This was off Of Ocean Grove About 3:00 pm today I had to zoom in 48 times and capture this Photo then crop and improve the photo to come up with what you see, It is not a Schooner or Square Rigger by definition. It comes closest to a Barquentine. it was sailing south. Tacking east when I got the photo. I did a Internet search but came up empty.

The first photo was the ship off Ocean Grove today.
The Second is a File photo.

I am looking for The Actual Name of the Ship-Boat ???  

Left Click on the photo to enlarge it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:16:37 PM by overbite »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Who can Identify This ( Ship ) Or ( Boat )
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
That looks like the Gazela from Penns Landing 5hrug?

Gazela

Here's a link to the ship, but not great pics.  If you Google the name, better pics come up on the net.

Calendar says it was on the way back to port from Nova Scotia and due back in Philly today, so that would make sense.

TT^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:47:51 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Pfishinggruven  slt clp chrz You are 100% right its a perfect match. I was there many years ago and do not remember it. But what a Ship- Boat she is Thanks from me and my Wife. and from the many people on the beach today. I will print out a photo to show them And i will not take the credit again U-Da-Man  chrz Bill

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
I used to live out in Marlton and spent a good amount of time over there.  I was actually at the Aquarium with the kids on the Camden side and have a picture somewhere of that ship in dock!

TT^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
I too was at the Aquarium but many years ago close to when it opened. Never saw so many Cops, Troopers  Mounted and on patrol there. Swore never to go back again. A NJ Trooper buddy of mine says it is better now but the costs have risen out of sight. For a day there. When I was there we took a water taxi across to Pens Landing where they were just setting up the Landing there was a old Navy ship. Sub. Sloop. and a Theater and Museum being set up. Had dinner next door on the water south of the Landing walking distance. very good. I guess the water taxi is still the way to cross over rather that driving across and parking in PA.  But The Intrepid in NY in the fall with Grand Kids and son is on my Bucket list. Another question where is The USS New Jersey in relation to Pens Landing  ??? Walking distance, Again Thanks .Been to almost every Historical Port on The east Coast Maine to FL. Bill

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »
Here is a pic of it from the other side. I was off of Shark River Inlet when it passed by me.

I checked out the Marine Traffic app on my Iphone and you are correct in that it is the Gazela Primeiro. Has it now near Barnegat Inlet.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »
Irishayes  slt  It is returning to Philly from  5hrugYou beat me to it Hammering away on the ships web page I came across www.marinetraffic.com the is some site it puts it just off of Old Barnry you can track any ship  cfzd
Thanks to all that responded Bill

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
Didn't even think to look there, Joe!  Great website and cool app.  Just downloaded it for the Droid.

slt TT^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »
 5hrug And for all others that might have a interest  and do not care to down load a apps >:( go to the web site  clp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-