Author Topic: Skywarn Spotter Training  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Skywarn Spotter Training
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Not sure if anyone from here is interested or not, but I thought I would post it up.  The NWS PHI in Mount Holly will be offering an Online Skywarn Spotter Training Class.  It will be Tuesday October 23, 2012 from 7-9 PM Online.  It is free to sign up and attend and the only requirements are that you live or work in the PHI/Mount Holly Coverage Area which includes all of NJ except the 5 Northeastern Counties covered by NYC, which are Passaic, Bergen, Essex, Hudson & Bergen.  NWS PHI also covers the greater Philadelphia Area, bordering Pennsylvania Counties, Delaware and parts of Maryland.  There is also not any required service or time you must volunteer.

Skywarn Spotter Webinar

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here or message or email me.  I will be attending this class, as I am not Spotter Certified, yet.  This class is very basic, yet will give you a general understanding of the NWS and some elementary types of weather.

TT^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: Skywarn Spotter Training
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Pretty cool stuff. I downloaded a copy of the presentation from the link, alot of interesting infromation there. I definately learned a little bit more about severe weather,something everyone should know.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-