Author Topic: Conor Banned from The Spy house Pier  (Read 4691 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Conor Banned from The Spy house Pier
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »
This a Monmouth County Park, Named Bayshore Water front Park ( Seabrooke -Wilson House )
I did not post this last night I was to burned up. Toady I look back and see it for what it is,
The whole thing came to a head when conor crossed this guys line casting out. He Barked and huffed about it. Why i held back GD only knows. I apologized as did Conor. Seems this guy is a regular and has a history of a bad temper he is a part of the Group that feels They own the pier and they share the same unfriendly feelings.  . bad part about it no one came forward to stand up for Conor. That's when it hit me of feeling uncomfortable the past couple of times there.
 I have been told by others that the same type of bad mannered fishermen exists there also. . Whats with people today. that they behave like animals.
It goes without saying I will not be back they WIN.
Bill
Its A Lesson learned By a 6 year old Not to Trust No One.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:11:38 PM by overbite »

Offline FishOn

Re: Conor Banned from The Spy house Pier
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
I can honestly say I've snapped at people that have interfered with me fishing. But those who I've snapped at and have crossed my line or mugged me out of a spot clearly knew what they were doing.

To snap at a child is wrong no matter how you slice it. And as a new father i can only pray for the individual that has something to say to my kid for something as minor as a crossed line. If that happens to me, I will take my daughter home and go back and hand the guy his teeth and deal with the consequences. Not trying to sound like a tough guy, but kids have right of way when fishing....always.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
What a shame

Offline bayonne

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
should have pulled the ass to the side and tell him he better apologize to your son or hes getting a ass wiping

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
 nosmly

Bill,

Please do not stop Conor from fishing there. YOU know how to handle it. All I will say is there were 2 lines crossed-1 a mistake and the other--Well you know.Conor loves fishing there--Don't by any means take that away.

Repecetfully,

Denn/IKAT

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
Denn It is Conors decision he was the one that said Grandpa I do not want to fish there anymore, There are many places to fish where he and I are welcomed. He even has guys at Union beach and Monmouth Cove Marina Jettys that protect him and watch over him. Some even speak English and that's the truth.  slt

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
 slt

BETTER--UNDERSTOOD   slt

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »
 slt

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
 Take 3 or 4 guys down there.  Nothing physical of course just be a real pain in the ass. See what he has to say when 3 or 4 MEN cross his line all at the same time.  >:D

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
Bill thats a dam shame its one of the few "good" spots left in the belford area. Ive been fishing down there the past few nights.Wish i was there i would of stood up to that guy and explained to him that this is a 6 year old kid JUST FISHING and having a good time and yes they do have the right a way! You know people like that dam near ruin Fishing for the kids when they act like that...Don't let this one jerk get to you or the little guy,next time you go give me a shout Me and Michy would come fish with you guys......

In my book kids Are first!!!! let them be a kid like we once were.........
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
Bill thats a dam shame its one of the few "good" spots left in the belford area. Ive been fishing down there the past few nights.Wish i was there i would of stood up to that guy and explained to him that this is a 6 year old kid JUST FISHING and having a good time and yes they do have the right a way! You know people like that dam near ruin Fishing for the kids when they act like that...Don't let this one jerk get to you or the little guy,next time you go give me a shout Me and Michy would come fish with you guys......

In my book kids Are first!!!! let them be a kid like we once were.........

Could not have said it better.  We NEED to bring kids in the mix.  Remember us 30-50 year olds are going to be 50-70 when these kids start getting jobs in politics.  If we don't get kids involved with fishing we will pay for it down the line.  They're already crowding recreational fisherman out with politics, the only way to fight back is with our youth.  I certainly think you did the right thing that particular night, but to never go back I think sends Connor the wrong message.  He has a right to those fishing grounds just the same as any adult, and one ACCIDENT should never mean anyone treats him with disrespect, especially since it sounds like he acted as a true gentleman. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
kids get a pass. bucket brigade does not.
Z

Offline DJ76

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
just wrong.  wrong on so many levels.  >:(

I believe every dog gets there day... >:D
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline E02

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
What a shame
u should of handed him his teeth kids are kids and dont know any better until they learn even then they are still innocent in life until they are grown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
i think I may take my son there to fish tommorow hes 3 ill let him try casting the fly rod >:D
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
just wrong.  wrong on so many levels.  >:(

I believe every dog gets there day... >:D

Agreed, karma is a bugger....every dog has its day

Go Get'em Conor!!  t^
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-