Author Topic: 10/26 report  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
10/26 report
« on: October 26, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »
Played hooky today, headed out at 7am with my good buddy Denis, his brother in law Aaron, and father in law Barry.  As I mentioned before these guys are seasoned fisherman so I was determined as hell.  We hit the tip of the hook and there was a massive fleet.  Dropped eels for a bit in the usual spots, no takers.  didn't want to waste time as I had been hearing reports that said to head south.  Made my waaaaaaaaay down south and found another fleet at Red Church.  Threw eels and Bunker chunks at them but nary a taker.  Even tried dancing the jig.  Nope.

We stuck it out there for a while to ensure proper hydration, then I said it was time to troll.  This was right up their alley as they are well versed and skilled at trolling in Lake Ontario.  Got the stretches and the line counter out while Barry took his old familiar spot the helm.  Talk about tracking a boat dead straight, this guy had skill.  Waves and wind had nothing on him as he drew a dead straight perfect line on the GPS.  After about a mile of hydration suddenly the starboard line started screaming.  Aaron jumped first and had a real nice fight on his hands.  Sure as hell did fight like a Striper, no big head shakes or anything, just constant strong pull and alot of runs.  Alas it was a yellow eyed demon.  Not to be disappointed though as these guys are also master fish cookers and love bluefish.  Supposedly they have the secret recipe to making them taste like gold.  Personally I don't mind eating them but I find proper hydration makes them go down easier.  Set both lines back out again, Starboard line starts screaming again.  Denis is up this time, he's got a real nice fight as well.  Aaron started bringing in the Port line and BAM!, double header time.  Yellow eyes running wild back and forth, but they managed to keep them from crossing and two more big choppers flipped in the boat.  Dropped in again and kept heading back north and Starboard goes off again (you would think by now I woulda figured out that they liked the menhaden more than the chartreuse on the port side and switched it out burt I digress).  This one breached his tail and I saw stripes!  Denis pulled it in and got him in the net but she was a shorty, about 25 inches.  Got her right back in the water safe and sound no damage.  Starboard ran off 2 more times but Aaron lost them both and got a good ribbing from us all.  Finally I switched the port like to a menhaden stretch and sure enough it starts screaming.  Barry was loving his duties at the helm and watching his kids catch, but I insisted this one was for him.  He finally boated the 4th big chopper blue for the day.  Right about then Aaron and Denis's wives conspired to keep the pressure on to bring them back home in a somewhat less hydrated frame of mind for their dinner plans, so we decided to call it around 2pm.  They had an absolute blast as did I, was great to fish with old friends I haven't seen in a while.  Far better than work.

Water conditions were 2-3's out there.  Little bouncy but not bad.  

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:08:52 PM by Andys Delight »
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: 10/26 report
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
Nice job!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
Great report and trip.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
Nice trip Mike and great report. slt chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DJ76

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
sounds like a good time was had, fish were the bonus on this one
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline bossross

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »
Great trip and report! Sounds like a blast...

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
Great trip, Mike. 
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
Solid trip and report.  You made something happen.  Good going t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
 whs Nice trip Mike. t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
 whs Though itsuxs when your charter shows an hour late. give me a half hour heads up tomorow and ill meet you at the marina to pull her t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
 t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
Great report Mike. The crew looks happy. slt
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-