Author Topic: Diesel fuel  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Diesel fuel
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »
All these lines at the fuel pumps and I'm seeing empty diesel pumps everywhere.  Am I going to get strung up and tarred if I cut the line and go to the diesel pump?  Any of you diesel guys try to get fuel yet?
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Diesel fuel
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
Best bet mike is head to a interstate and find a truck stop. Your truck will run with home heating fuel also. It's illegal but who cares just keep in mind if this thing goes a long time you may not be able to get fuel for the house when it really gets cold.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
Best bet mike is head to a interstate and find a truck stop. Your truck will run with home heating fuel also. It's illegal but who cares just keep in mind if this thing goes a long time you may not be able to get fuel for the house when it really gets cold.

That's what I'm thinking Rick.  Only one I know nearby is around exit 12 on 78.  I gotta fuel up so I can get down to Keyport and tow my boat home.  Starting to worry about looting.  It has fuel which honestly wouldn't bother me if someone siphoned it, I just worry someone is gonna start tearing into it.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
I'm hearing Pa has power and fuel and no lines.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
Just heard on the news that the harbors have been closed so the ships can't get in to unload. That's why stations who have power are closed.  They said the harbor should reopen later today.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Mike I have 400,000 gallons of #2 oil here, May need to syphon your gas Ill pay for it :P
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
Mike I have 400,000 gallons of #2 oil here, May need to syphon your gas Ill pay for it :P

Al you can have all the gas, I am gonna hit a fuel stop nearby for diesel.  I'm gonna head out at noon for fuel and then down to Bradlees.   

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
Mike ill try to get in touch with you before that im at work but may stop by to fuel up if you get the boat home thanks Mike
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 10:50:53 AM »
Mike ill try to get in touch with you before that im at work but may stop by to fuel up if you get the boat home thanks Mike

Absolutely!  908-601-5798 if you forgot and need to use another phone to call me.  There should be 40 gallons in there.  Do you have anything to syphon it?

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-