Author Topic: Marc Fucarile  (Read 5078 times)

Offline MJ619

Marc Fucarile
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:22:44 AM »
Small world.  I struggled all week with this sad news regarding a friend's I have worked with for the past five years.

April 22, 2013: Statement from the family of Marc Fucarile
First and foremost, on behalf of Marc and his entire family, we would like to extend our deepest sympathies to all of the innocent victims, their families and their friends who have been affected by the horrific attack that occurred on Marathon Monday and the days after.
We would also like to express our sincere gratitude to the Police, Fire, EMS, bystanders and race participants who risked their own lives to save Marc and all those injured on that tragic day.  Our family will be forever grateful to the staff of Mass General Hospital for the exceptional care they have provided to Marc. Thank you to our family, our friends and the complete strangers who have offered their support and prayers to Marc and us over the past week.
We would also like to thank all of the Law Enforcement Agencies that worked tirelessly and risked their own lives to help capture these terrorists and make our beloved City of Boston safe again.
Marc was critically injured and is still in the ICU at this time, and will be there for the foreseeable future. But he has recently regained consciousness. As a result of Monday’s senseless acts, Marc’s right leg has been amputated above the knee; he has first, second and third-degree burns on approximately half of his body; his left leg suffers from multiple fractures; and shrapnel litters most of his body, the most serious being his heart.  Even though his heart was physically damaged, it did not lessen the size of his incredibly loving heart.
In classic Marc-e fashion, the first words he said to me when he woke up was, “I am sorry for being there. I love you and Gavin.”  Gavin is our 5 year old son.  He then proceeded to ask how his friends were, just proving how Marc is always worried about everyone else before himself.  We know that the amount of support we have received is a true testament to the kind of person Marc is – a thoughtful and loyal friend; a loving and devoted son, brother and fiancé; and a dedicated and exceptional father.
Our entire family remains focused on Marc’s care and recovery.  We ask for your patience and for privacy at this time so that we may concentrate our full energy on helping Marc get well. If you would like to help, please continue to keep Marc in your thoughts and prayers.  For anyone wishing to contribute funds to help Marc during his recovery Marc’s cousin, Martin Buberl, has generously created a donation page.  Please visit helpmarcfucarile.com to learn more about how donations can be made. 
We are Boston strong.  Thank you. There will be no other statement at this time.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-