Author Topic: Ocean report today?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline bossross

Ocean report today?
« on: May 04, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
Thinking of heading out this afternoon; anyone out this morning who can provide an ocean report? NOAA says 4-7, but I know they can be wrong. And the wind here in western Monmouth doesn't seem to be more than 5kts.
Thanks
Ross

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Ocean report today?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
I'm not out there, but there are Small Craft Advisories for all ocean waters around NJ.  Buoy outside of the harbor is reporting 11 knots out of the ENE with gusts over 13 knots and 4-5 foot waves averaging 5.6 seconds.  The farther from the shore and the farther south you go, the worse it gets.  Winds and waves increase to 20 knots with 6-7 foot seas.

Don't know if anyone who may be out will be checking posts, so I figured I'd pull you some buoy data.

TT^
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:41:38 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline bossross

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
Thanks for the effort, greatly appreciated.

I just got home. Did try to go out (MI). There was no chop, but the swells were considerable. I had my son with me (13 yo) and my buddy Rick and his 13 yo son as well. If it were just Rick and I, I think we would have stuck it out. But with the boys with us, I thought it was too much. So after looking around for 20 mins or so, I decided to turn back and headed back to the slip. Got in safely. Lesson for the kids today....fishing is a ton of fun, but not worth risking safety. There will be many more days for us to fish and be safe.

Thanks again for checking on the buoy data, I do appreciate it!
Ross

Offline Woodstock

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
 clp Bossross, I agree on the safety lesson. Out of curiosity, what is the size/make of the boat you were out on today?

Offline bossross

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
27' Century CC

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-