Author Topic: 6/20 and 6/21 Reports  (Read 1430 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
6/20 and 6/21 Reports
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
6/21 headed out in the afternoon with my sister Jackie, friends Adam and Tim. The original game plan was to head the Church and pray for some flatties. Apparently, the weather man was asleep and the wheel and we were greeted with lousy conditions and a drift that would've been waaaay too fast. So, we headed further north in search of some stripers or blues. We got up there, marked some fish and saw some birds but ended the day with zilch. Headed back to port to prepare for the next day's shark trip....

6/21 broke the inlet somewhere around 0430 with sister Jackie, Adam, and Eddie Hunter in search of some toothy critters. We made the 38 mile run to the SE and setup the slick.... We were hopeful as we saw dolphin, turtles and heard a gun shot shortly after getting to the area..... At about 1030 we started marking some blue fish and Eddie got a hit... Thinking we could have some fresh bait the middle balloon started moving and I announce "damn, a bluefish" and then the balloon start racing away..... Knowing our bluefish is now a shark I pick up the rod and engage the reel and set the hook. As soon as I set the hook a solid 8', 300# - 350# thresher breaches 8'-10' feet out of the watter and starts to spool me. After a bunch of expletvives from the crew we clear the line and Eddie starts backing us down on fish. After a few moments I am finally able to fight and hold some ground. Finally we are in a brief stand still and we come loose... On inspection of the line it appears to have been cut. We tried for the rest of the day but, no luck.

The conditions were great and it was a fun time with a lot of laughs. Thanks to Eddie for being the only one on the boat with any real shark experience. I appreciate your help. I hope you consider coming out with us again!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: 6/20 and 6/21 Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Nice try guys  t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »
Great effort Fred and crew. The thresher probably hit the line with it's longggggg tail. Sucks and you can't do a thing about it. Get em next time.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
 whs

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02:55 AM »
I had a great time with your crew Fred. We will get one next trip. Thanks to Irish Ayes Joe for showing me the ropes. chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »
 t^..Nice try, Get'em next time.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-