Author Topic: Rippin Lip 7/9 fluke it  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Spanky

• my facebook page
Rippin Lip 7/9 fluke it
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:05:10 AM »
First time out since my surgery. Never fished with a cast on my arm before, but couldn't stay in the house much longer.Got to the marina around 630. looking to get a jump on the heat. Wheres the boat? Oh there it is, still in the rack. thud Finally got out around 8. Headed to the usual spot. 2 fish 2 keepers. one that was almost as fat as it was long. Got snagged on the bottom 4 times in a spot that I have drifted over a dozen times this year with no issue.  Started getting hot so headed out to the cool side fought a fast drift and 5- 4'dogs with a couple shorts mixed in.started feeling a little loopy. I think from the meds the past couple weeks. so went back around the tip, not before putting one more in the box. did a couple more drifts by the ammo pier with some shorts and a blue that took a round about tour of the motor. Couldn't take the heat anymore and my arm was starting to swell. Back to the dock around 2. Thought there would be a little more of a breeze today. Guess not. I did manage to keep my cast from smelling like fish thanks to pops taking all the hooks out.
The secret to catching fish is, to fish, where the fish are.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Rippin Lip 7/9 fluke it
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »
Nice trip t^, this heats does wear on you. :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:59:18 AM »
Nice catching .Careful ,to not over do it . fngr

Offline mikeyland

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:28:19 AM »
nice good to get out

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
Nice report. Take care of that arm t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-