Author Topic: Beach Curfews & Overnight Access  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Beach Curfews & Overnight Access
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »
Our public beach access will be limited even more with the DEP repealing the requirement for 24/7 access for towns that receive Federal Funding!  Now, all of the towns that did not have curfews on the beach, will likely institute them and limit when we can be on the beach.  This was assisted by Governor Christie.  Didn't the NJOA endorse him...how quickly he forgets!

Beach Curfews

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: Beach Curfews & Overnight Access
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »
 thd
Very sad that the government feels the needs to prevent access to nature.

Christie was elected by the people to do a job and he's going to do whatever he wants regardless of what the people want or think. He's made that very clear.  Just ask any public employee how quickly he forget his promises and who supported his election.  
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:44:43 AM by ChrisL »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »
thd
Very sad that the government feels the needs to prevent access to nature.

Christie was elected by the people to do a job and he's going to do whatever he wants regardless of what the people want or think. He's made that very clear.  Just ask any public employee how quickly he forget his promises and who supported his election.  

So true!

What I don't understand is, if they have to patrol the beach anyway, to look for people breaking the curfew law, why not just patrol the beach and stop the people who are breaking beach rules and laws such as drinking, swimming, etc...and remove them from the beach!  However, this is no different than parks being closed and locked at night or certain towns making ordinances against public access to bay and river fronts just because the people in that neighborhood don't want people fishing or crabbing there!  Of course, it is always the bad people who ruin it for the good of all.  I guess there will always be a beach or two to fish at night.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »
 nosmly..Dam shame my tax dollars go to replenish the beaches that charge me to utilize them. Your lucky to find a free parking spot if they even exist during the summer and now hang the possibility of a summons over your head if they feel like writing you one for being on the beaches we pay for. :headscra: I sometimes wonder if Jersey is part of america. Thanks Christie, Now make a payment into my pension fund.. rofla...Yea thats what I thought
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »
the jersey shore is open for business...........between the hours of ______ and _______

Offline MJ619

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:07:09 PM »
We live in a Police State.  This has been a slow twenty year process, but it appears those in power are definitely limiting our freedoms. 

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
Our pockets are "Stronger then the Storm" :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
That's BS.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-