Author Topic: blue crabs  (Read 8679 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Re: blue crabs
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
 fcp

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
When I spent the night in NY at my friends house they put that movie on. It was crazy Bill, I was like "wuuuuuuut the.... hahaha The last time I asked on here what a 'dog fish' was I was told it was a sand shark,  5hrug  Nick, the spinney sand sharks are infact called 'dog fish' and the smooth ones, just sand sharks?
Al, do we catch those in RB? I def have pulled in my share of 'them' in either way :) but it would be nice to know if there was a difference AND now that I know one is endangered, I def want to be careful with my release. NOT that I bang a non endangered one around lol just saying.  t^   

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
When I spent the night in NY at my friends house they put that movie on. It was crazy Bill, I was like "wuuuuuuut the.... hahaha The last time I asked on here what a 'dog fish' was I was told it was a sand shark,  5hrug  Nick, the spinney sand sharks are infact called 'dog fish' and the smooth ones, just sand sharks?
Al, do we catch those in RB? I def have pulled in my share of 'them' in either way :) but it would be nice to know if there was a difference AND now that I know one is endangered, I def want to be careful with my release. NOT that I bang a non endangered one around lol just saying.  t^   

"Fish N Chips"

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
Fish and Chips, really Fred???  :-\ I thought it was Cod or some type of white fish at those fish joints.  thud Well then, I take it back, I guess I have eaten it and it was dam good!!  ;D

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »
Fish and Chips, really Fred???  :-\ I thought it was Cod or some type of white fish at those fish joints.  thud Well then, I take it back, I guess I have eaten it and it was dam good!!  ;D

Yes in a lot of places especially the UK.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline FishOn

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
AND now that I know one is endangered, I def want to be careful with my release. NOT that I bang a non endangered one around lol just saying.  t^   

That was sarcastic. Spiny dogs are over abundant. Junk science from fisheries managers says otherwise which is why their commercial harvest is over restricted. Also, they eat EVERYTHING in their path...juvi sea bass and tog included
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline FishOn

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »
You usually won't see smooth dogfish once the temps start to drop and they are usually inshore. Spinys are cool water fish. Spinys will hurt you you with teeth or the two dorsal spines. The worst a smooth can do is give you a scrape on your forearm when they wriggle their tale against you. I always referred to brown sharks as sand sharks, not either of the  dogfish but you can call em what you want
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:47 AM »
Yeah trish we do get the smooth dogs in RB. The spineys rarely but just a few miles out. The are sometimes referred to as sand sharks, but the really aren't but then if you look up sand shark theres a list of fish that are considered sand sharks 5hrug Dont worry about carefully releasing them, they are indestructible like a salt water snake head
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 11:23:22 PM »
thanks for the info guys and the spiney dogfish are endangered ?

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-