Author Topic: Hunting the Florida wild boar hog  (Read 4009 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Hunting the Florida wild boar hog
« on: July 29, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »
After hunting all over the South, as far North as Maine, and as far West as New Mexico, I have come to a conclusion, I will take hunting the Florida wild boar hog over any hunting I have ever done. This big bad boy of the forest comes well equipped for a fight. With a nose that defies the imagination, jaws that can crack a hickory nut, and razor sharp teeth, all wrapped up into one monster with an attitude, all bad, the Florida wild boar hog is an adversary to be taken very seriously. This is his woods, 'get out!'
There is no one I would rather hunt with than my daughter, Dee. Honey, let's go hog hunting!
Dad, I want a small 'roasting' hog. I can almost taste that succulent 60-70 pound little porker now. OK! my daughter, let's visit our good friends Tracy & Crichton Allen's Tiger Island Outfitters, Cedar Key, Florida. We have been hunting Tiger Island for four years now. The Allen's treat every guest as family. We are greeted at the gate by the two TI dogs and Crichton himself. Welcome to our home; let's go hog hunting. Dee tells Josh, our guide for today, that we would like to target a medium size roasting hog. "Dee, Bob, I have just the spot for you. Your home for this evenings hunt is a little, very safe, hut positioned near a extremely active electric corn feeder."  Josh, you are the man. Let's go!

What a beautiful oak grove, and just look at those hog signs. This is going to be great. For the first couple of hours we see countless squirrels, and the biggest, fattest, dove you have ever seen. This is nature at its best. Dee, be very quiet, hogs are approaching our feeder:

What an opportunity. This is what we have been waiting for:

Look at that fat little seventy pound beauty. Let's take him. Ever so slowly, ever so quietly, Dee raises her Marlin stainless guide gun, positions the cross hairs of her 3X9 Nikon scope just under the right ear and, with a mighty roar, sends that massive 325 gr. Hornady 45/70 LeVerevolution on a collision course with Mister hog. Hog down, hog down & out. Dee is all smiles. Was there ever any doubt? After all, "I am woman!"
Crichton, Josh, and her dad, are all so proud of Dee. Dee's mom is now hunting hogs in heaven. Honey, you can be proud of our daughter.

After soaking in ice water, salt, and apple cider vinegar for a couple of days, the prime pork is a pretty as any to ever grace the butcher's shelves. My daughter is a gourmet chef who loves to cook fancy meals. Wild pork on the grill, with plenty of water, provides a moist treat fit for a king:

Fresh wild boar hog smoked to perfection over wet hickory wood. It just does not get any better!

Or how does fresh, seasoned to perfection, home made whole hog sausage sound? Dee darling, you are some kind of daughter:

Hunting the Florida wild boar hog. What a thrill for daddy and daughter alike. Let's do it again soon.

Check out all the action (click on the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs5DgvfPO70

Bob, Florida Outdoor Writers Association, and daughter Dee Harbison

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: Hunting the Florida wild boar hog
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
That looks like a cool hunt, with good eats to boot! TT^
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »
Thank you sir. Dee & I love hog hunting & eating.  Bob & Dee

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:05 AM »
Thanks Bob.   That looks like a fun time. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »
 clp  Between hog hunting & fishing the Florida Middle Grounds I am having a blast. I went to school for so very long, earned my college degree, and worked with kids & families, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, for many years. Now I am enjoying my retirement. Having Dee back home with me is a dream come true.  Bob & Dee

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-