Author Topic: Last few days.  (Read 2446 times)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Last few days.
« on: September 18, 2013, 05:53:42 AM »
Well my father in law came up to visit from FLA. Hes an avid fisherman and lived here in NJ his whole life until 10 years ago, so we wet a few lines locally. Last Friday we went down to Keyport in the ye cottage in parking lot and caught a few croaker, small blues and all the lafayette you could want. Sunday went to same the same spot and more of the same, all using little pieces of clams. Tuesday we fished off the end of the Keyport pier on and off rain and wind with nothing doing, then the sun came out and the fish turned on. we caught between 10-15 bluefish up to 1.5 lbs or so, all on blue fish strips.

Tuesday night was supposed to be his return trip at home @ 5pm. With a storm on the gulf where he lives the flight was delayed 3x, with a final departure time of 11:09pm and having to got to A.C. airport we decided to leave around 7:30 to give us plenty of time. One last call to confirm and yep the flight was still on time so off we go. Get to the airport at 8:50pm say goodbye and drop him off at the terminal. If your still reading this is where it gets interesting  :P. I leave and as Im pulling out of the airport I stop at the WaWa right there because I had a weird feeling he forgot something, I go in buy a drink and when I come out my wife calls and says, "you gotta go back and pick up my dad he cant leave until Thursday.

So I get back to the airport 20 minutes after I dropped him off and theres 3x State Trooper vehicles in front of the terminal. Turns out the the flight wasnt cancelled but TSA decided to go home at 9:00 pawle, which is bs because I droped him off @9 and there was already 20 people in front of him that didnt get on the plane, mean while half of the 11:09 departure flight was on the tarmac ready to launch ??? So now hes here until Thursday. (NEVER fly spirit airline out of Atlantic City)

So with another day before I went back to work, we fished the pier yesterday again. Windy and cold for the first our with nothing doing when we were contemplation leaving somebody hit the switch and the wind died and the sun came out. Peanuts galore as far as you could see, through the cast net and had some fresh bait. Played around with small blues until 3:30, took some nuts with us to come back later. Returned to the pier around 5:30 and through out a few bunker chunks. Dog fish after dog fish the biggest one going 40" and 10.10lbs (dont know why the lady on the pier had a scale or wanted to weigh it).

I couldn't believe how many smooth dog fish were in the creek and how big they were. On a side note I did see a guy catch a nice clean 26" striper at the end of my street Saturday morning.So get those rigs tied they'll be coming round the mountain soon. 

Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Last few days.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
Thanks Al,

Too bad about  the confusion with the flight..
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
WOW Al....  thud you sure do have your share don't you. You did get to fish another day so that's a plus  t^ and you got to hang with him some more, which if I remember you right, you do enjoy.  ;) Hope he liked the fish!!  

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
 t^...Not a bad outing with the father in law..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline akamoonman

• john
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
nice deal
john R...

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
Not a bad few days of fishing t^

Sorry to hear about the airport story nosmly
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
 whs

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »
 wts
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »
Look on the bright side....the airlines screw up gave you some extra time with your father  t^ t^

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
Nice fishing and yeah Spirit airlines is the worst. Heard nothing but bad stories about them. I coach a club volleyball team and we were going to Dallas this past July for nationals. All of us were on a united airlines flight except for one girl who was a late comer and couldn't get on united so she took spirit. Long story short, she missed the first days of the 4 day tournament.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
BA getting it done.

Do you still have your boat?

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
technically yes its totaled but its still where my house use to be
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-