Author Topic: Mac's Bait & Tackle/ Bry's Ramp  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Woodstock

Mac's Bait & Tackle/ Bry's Ramp
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
Just an fyi - twice now Mac's has told us they are going to start refusing to sell Bry's ramp passes unless you purchase tackle at the same time.  5hrug

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Mac's Bait & Tackle/ Bry's Ramp
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
That's strange. :headscra:

First of all, I didn't realize they owned Bry's.  Secondly, if they want repeat business, I would question why they would impose such extortion on their customers. 

Perhaps they just don't want to deal with the ramp business?  Is there a minimum amount you must spend in order to buy the ramp pass? 5hrug

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
Wow! That certainly sounds like bad customer service, unless there's something deeper that we don't know about.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
That's just wrong. How can they do that?  ttp I agree, sounds like there is something else going on that we may not know about.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »
Wow! That certainly sounds like bad customer service, unless there's something deeper that we don't know about.

Mac's does not own Bry's or the ramp. Mac's is used by Bry's to allow people to purchase access to the ramp as Bry's is not as local as Mac's (and Bry's does not open as early as the ramp user would need). Therefore, Mac's does not care about the ramp business. He probably does not make a bunch of money off the key rental.

That being said, Mac's does not have the greatest disposition when it come to his customers. He treats people like they are a bother to him that they came in. I don't know how he could have stayed in business for as long as he has. I guess it's location, location, location. 5hrug It certainly isn't his business attitude that keeps them coming back.

The new owners of AP Marina (now named Seaport Inlet Marina) also now have a stake in the docks in the north channel. I don't know if that ownership includes ramp or not.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Woodstock

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
I didn't want to bad mouth them as everybody has a bad day. But looking around the forums it seems my experience with their lousy customer service is a pattern rather than an exception.  thd

Offline mikeyland

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:58:57 PM »
never had a problem there clp

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
I haven't frequented that shop recently.  Back in the late 80s and early 90s, before everyone had PCs and the internet (Yes, there was a time when civilization lived without the internet.) Mac's used to send out flyers to those folks on their mailing list.

Every August they would have a big tent sale that they advertised in their flyer.  They would have a bunch of limited quantity (mostly one of a kind) items that were 75% to 80% off.  I remember lining up on Saturday morning waiting for them to open.  As I stood in line I would watch to try to see where they were putting out the items I had already decided I wanted.  When they finally did open I would run to those tables and grab my loot before shopping the rest of the tent sale.

I got some great deals from them, including $100 reels for like $25.  They also had 5 lb.bags of sinkers for 4ยข/oz.

Ah, those were the days! ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-