Author Topic: FISHERMEN/More BS about Fluke!!!!  (Read 3410 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/More BS about Fluke!!!!
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »
I could hardly believe my eyes when I read that "Primary Data for July & August on Fluke stocks indicate that the catch was in excess of 3 Million Pounds!!!!  Is this some kind of Halloween Joke? Do the powers that be really think we are that stupid?

First: Who the hell had their boat in the water, if they had a boat left after the storm?
The Bay and Ocean up here looked like a dessert! Boats didn't start coming back into the Harbor until August and I can tell you for a fact, we were catching CRAP!!! Did all the Southern guys have a banner  year? I doubt it, not to the tune of 3 million pounds....

There were no fish (with the exception of the first week or two) in the back bay, the Reach, Old Orchard, West Bank, all were dead zones this season. Unless Capt. John and the Sea Hawk reported some kick ass numbers, I just don't get it!
3 Million pounds? What's the data going to show for the full season  7-8 millions pounds? Same old BS every year and we will pay once again...I don't know about you but I'm sick and tiered of having someone with their thumb in my ass!! Too many years of this crap is starting to take it's toll.., then again, Maybe that's what they want??:mad:
BS.  Capt. Ron 

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: FISHERMEN/More BS about Fluke!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:39:28 AM »
Wow

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
It's just the same 'ol, same 'ol. The "regulators" have no clue as to what's going on with the fishery. They study books and do their "formulas" with poor information. Crap in, crap out. Business as usual with them.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
everyone I know had a below average to crappy fluke year

just like every year lately it seems

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
 5hrug....Hopefully one day they will get it right, I hope its in my life time.... nosmly
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »
Maybe my 5 keepers I caught this year put us over the limit. 5hrug
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:16:55 PM by Uncle Luna »
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline MJ619

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »
Fuzzy Government Math where they recommend 1 + 1 may not = 2.  The problem could be the baseline.  If there is less fish around one year, but they compare it to a baseline year when there was a larger population of fish, then the idiots think that the decrease in fish were actually caught.  These are migratory fish they move around.  Just like the regulators brains, they too are migratory.  A typical regulators brain is at the movies while he/she is at uselessly sitting at home watching TV.  They would need to adjust for natural disasters, water temps, currents, etc.  It is easier to point the finger and collect a paycheck/pension than to think and be accountable.

Tight Lines,

Mike

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »
These people have no clue what is going on. They are listening to others BS about the numbers and there is a underlining reason.
It all indicates they want to close the fishery down.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
Maybe the officials had a single inspector this year and he planted his a$$ on the Fish Mongers dock to calculate the quota. :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
Well thats the issue if they poll 10 guys who happened to do well then used an average of that as a number for all rec fisherman the quota will seem high
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline PRIMETIME

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 10:50:40 PM »
Hey Capt, Huge fan!! Couldn't agree more with your views on the fishery, and always love your honest reports.  In the last three years, I've landed more fish on your reports and members then past twenty.  I owe a huge gratitude to you and your crew.  Welcome aboard.  I hope to contribute to the cause and future success of the fishery.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-