Author Topic: Reel McCoy II Friday-Saturday 11/15 - 11/16 reports  (Read 936 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II Friday-Saturday 11/15 - 11/16 reports
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
11/15 - Had the day off and was working around the house when I decided it was too nice of a day to be indoors.  Took a ride to the boat gassed her up and headed out.  I joined the fleet between the channels about 2pm.  I jiggged away for about 2 hours with only one 20" short for my efforts. Again, trollers seemed to be doing better.
11/16 - Had my son Dan and his friend onboard.  We started on the Knoll, Sean had the first fish on but it turned out to be a hickory shad and I managed to snag a sandeel.  Over to the Swash, Dan hooks into a nice fish...a very large spiney dogfish  rgmn.  Sean managed a short but after that nothing even though we were marking plenty of fish and bait.  I put out 1 trolling rig and headed over to the red side of Ambrose.  We soon had a nice bluefish in the box.  Trolled the edge of Ambrose for a while with no takers.  I stopped the boat on some marks, told the guys to jig while I got the umbrella rig in.  Half way in fish-on, a 26" bass.  We spent a few hours chasing birds from Breezy Point to Coney Island landing 6 more shorts.
Looking for larger fish we headed back to the "Jersey side" to join the fleet, again lots of marks but only Sean managed to hook a blue and loose it at the boat. We trolled the edge of SH channel on the way back with no hits.  The totals for the day 8 short bass, 1 bluefish, 1 shad, 1 doggie and a sandeel.  And a great day to be on the water (after the rain passed). 
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Re: Reel McCoy II Friday-Saturday 11/15 - 11/16 reports
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »
Still a good day with the boys.  Way to keep them in the action.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
Always nice to be out with son Dan and good action too. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
Nice report Dan.  How did you cook the Sandeel? :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-