Author Topic: "Shored Up" Documentary On Beach Replenishment Airing Now  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
"Shored Up" Documentary On Beach Replenishment Airing Now
« on: March 30, 2014, 04:02:08 PM »
Just caught the middle of this documentary which discusses the controversy of beach replenishment in NJ. 

It will air again at 6:00pm on the AUDHD channel 101 on Directv.  I have already set my DVR. t^

Here's a short teaser of the show.  http://somethingtotalkabout.us/productions/details/261/Shored-Up

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: "Shored Up" Documentary On Beach Replenishment Airing Now
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »
Cool.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:17:03 AM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I was able to watch some of the program and it looks like the people down south that we call hicks and rednecks have a much better idea on how to handle their beachfront property.  It looked like North Carolina had no groins, beach replenishment or buildings and houses on every lot that is empty like NJ. They understand that you can't stop nature.

I also liked the part where they mentioned that Union Beach has over 6,000 people, but never had a beach replenishment project.  Meanwhile, Harvey Cedars with a population of 337 on the 2010 census had a $23 million project in 2010.  That is a bunch of BS as we are just taking care of the rich as usual.  I am pretty sure that is was a couple from Harvey Cedars who sued because they lost their ocean view and got a big settlement, before another court reduced it to $300.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-