Author Topic: Litterbugs!!!  (Read 4955 times)

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
Litterbugs!!!
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
Went out this morning to see if I could get a few trout. What I got instead was shock  cfzd at how some so-called "sportsmen"can leave empty bait containers, soda and beer cans, monofilament and other junk all over the shoreline. rgmn rgmn
Instead of fishing I wound up getting a trash bag from my car trunk and spent a little over an hour picking up the litter. IF YOU BRING IT IN_TAKE IT OUT PLEASE!!!!
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Litterbugs!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »
Some just don't give a dam! nts

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »
You're sooo good to have done that!  clp Question is, why couldn't the litter bug think of that!  thud  "Dirty people... STINK!"

Offline cricker

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »
i see that kind of stuff all the time, theres spots i used to fish that were closed off because people kept dumping stuff and the state/property owner got fed up with it, and it kills me how fishermen can just leave empty bait containers, birds nests, and all kinds of other crap just laying around

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »
Good man Larry! t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
Thank you Larry.  I see the same thing by my local lake. The offenders need to be deported back where they came from.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:51:18 PM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
 fngr  slobs
 t^ Larry

Leave it better than you found it

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
Some people just suck.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline crewchief

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 12:40:02 PM »
When my kids were young, i used to offer them a nickle for every piece of garbage they bought back to the truck, now it's a habit ingrained in them.......although, once, when my son was about 8 or 9, i caught him ripping up a piece of paper for extra nickles. Had to laugh, at least he was resourceful. But now that they are grown, they notice and pick up and it pisses them off too.
If you want to hear me scream in pain.............play some rap music

Offline Surf Bird

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 08:46:33 PM »
I fish the Metedeconk and it is really  bad.  WE have the recyclables floating all over. Than we have the new trash from the first day fisherman (Bait containers, spinner pkg, hook pkg, empty beer cans, skades of loose monofilament) . I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people are pigs and have no Up Bringing. The environment is a dumping ground for them and a chance to drink in public. I don't understand why they can not pick up after themselves. The Metedeconk could be a great fishery , but today it is an I SORE.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
I fish the Metedeconk and it is really  bad.  WE have the recyclables floating all over. Than we have the new trash from the first day fisherman (Bait containers, spinner pkg, hook pkg, empty beer cans, skades of loose monofilament) . I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people are pigs and have no Up Bringing. The environment is a dumping ground for them and a chance to drink in public. I don't understand why they can not pick up after themselves. The Metedeconk could be a great fishery , but today it is an I SORE.

And why is it, that people who wouldn't even think about littering the shore or water with "bait containers, spinner pkg, hook pkg, empty beer cans, skades of loose monofilament" have no problem littering everywhere with their cigarette butts? nosmly
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:03:34 PM by Bucktail »

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »
I see it all the time up north here where I trout fish nosmly

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-