Author Topic: Sun 6/22 Sandy Hook Sea Bass and Fluke Charter Report  (Read 884 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
Sun 6/22 Sandy Hook Sea Bass and Fluke Charter Report
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »
Had Kevin and crew out today for a combo Sea Bass and Fluke trip. Headed out in nice conditions with a slight east breeze. On the way to the deep I noticed a small pod getting demolished by bass so we too a run over there but the pod was so small and quick that we couldnt get a good snag on the bunkers. Pointed her east and continued to the grounds. Had to look a little bit but it wasnt long before shorts, followed by the keeper sea bass were coming over the rail. Nothing crazy but a nice pace to keep everyones attention. When that dried up we went deeper and had a pick of ling and sea bass....only 1 fluke out there in the deep today.
When we lost the current, we went back inshore for fluke but it was all dogs and skates as the current didnt really swing....saw the Z'obsession out there today and spoke to jeff when he rolled by us.
In a side note, when we were leaving the deep water a couple of guys were tangled up so I cranked my bucktail rod up about 20 ft so it didnt get snagged on the rough stuff. As I am untangling them, the bucktail rod doubles over as if we were in the canyons trolling for tuna!...I jump on the rod as line is peeling off at a good pace from stbd to port. Get a good hook set in....starts to fight like a thresher. I put a little heat on it and as we started backing down it says screw you boys and goes deep.....BINK!....line goes limp...reel in to find terminal tackle failure as the ring on the 3 way eye attached to my line is all that is left...rivet pulled right out on me.....thats ok my friend....I will be back for you reel soon!
Good fishing right now out there before the limit goes down to 3 on June 30th....have availability next weekend....give us a shout to get out for the tasty ones!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sun 6/22 Sandy Hook Sea Bass and Fluke Charter Report
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
Nice going Capt. Carl . slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-