Author Topic: Fishing in the barrier island bay from shore rigging setup  (Read 1133 times)

Offline xCSx

Fishing in the barrier island bay from shore rigging setup
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what do you all use for fishing in the bay from either a pier or dock.

I have 7 Foot rods with a decent salt water reel 20-25lb test line.  But I was wondering do you just go with a hook and sinker?  What prevents you from getting stuck on everything when reeling in?

What is your setup like?

Thanks

Offline cricker

Re: Fishing in the barrier island bay from shore rigging setup
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »
it depends what bay, what time of year and location, for the summer time i would use a top and bottom rig with size 1 or 2 hooks with either squid, clam, grass shrimp, or shedder crab for bait, the back bays get full of croakers, kingfish, blowfish, and a bunch of other species, you can also throw a bucktail and bounce it in off the bottom for fluke, or throw small metals for blue fish, you can use spot and croaker for bait either live or chunked on a fish finder rig, the list of different things you can try could fill a book but these are a few tactics that have worked well for me in the past,
i use 20-30 lb braid or 10-12 lb mono on my back bay rods on a light to medium 7' rod

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-