Author Topic: FISH STIX - Late Fluke Reports  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - Late Fluke Reports
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:12:27 AM »
Sunday 8/3 ran open due to a cancellation, crew of 5. Very tough fishing for the guys, pretty rough seas for most of the morning, that didn't help us at all. Bounced around quite a bit with only a handful of keepers for the day.

Monday 8/4 ran open with a crew of 6. Found the bites all day, just couldn't get them to eat the hooks. Short biting all day. Tons of dropped fish on the day. Again tough fishing, or should I say catching. Finished the day with 10 keepers to 8lbs.

Wednesday 8/6 ran open with a crew of 5. 4 of them were novices at fluke. Made a few stops inshore but didn't see any life at all. Went deep and the bites were there. But short biting. Lots of dropped fish once again. Every drift we got a keeper atleast. That didn't last long tho. Went looking around some more and it was bad. At 2pm made a 12 mile run to nothing. Ughhhhh. The guys threw in the towel..... A load of shorts, 10 keepers and 6 Seabass for the day.

Something needs to change with these fluke here.

Sorry no pics for these amazing catches....

Capt Kris

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: FISH STIX - Late Fluke Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
I know only 10 keepers a day sux for you Kris, but for many here that would be a banner day.

Me included.

Got to get down witchoo again soon.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: FISH STIX - Late Fluke Reports
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
Thanks for the report Capt. Kris chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-