Author Topic: NY Striper Regs for 2015  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
NY Striper Regs for 2015
« on: March 18, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
New York regulations came out yesterday. South of the GW Bridge and Costal waterways they get 1 @ 28" or greater. I'll bet they complain about us, as always, even though our regs arnt set yet. We shouldn't get hit like that as NJ has no commercial fishery for Stripers, so even with the reduction we must comply with, we should still be good, but you never know.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: NY Striper Regs for 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »
New Jersey: Awaiting legislative approval for a two fish bag limit of 1 fish from 28 inches to less than 43 inches, and a second fish equal to or greater than 43 inches. New Jersey will also be continuing their Bonus Fish program which will either be 1@28" minimum or 1@24-28". Bonus fish permits cost $2 with only one permit allowed per day. For more information on the Bonus Striped Bass Fishing Program, please visit the NJ DEP website. - See more at: http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.display&feature_ID=1015&ParentCat=2#.dpuf
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
Which leads to the question...do you need to get two fish first (one at 28"-43" and the second over 43") before the bonus tag comes into play?  :headscra:

Do you throw back the under 28" fish before you get your other two fish?  5hrug

Will be interesting as to how this plays out.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »
 whs
Good point Joe t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »
Which leads to the question...do you need to get two fish first (one at 28"-43" and the second over 43") before the bonus tag comes into play?  :headscra:

Interesting.  Would seem counterproductive to encourage people to kill the larger fish (breeder?) just so they can keep another smaller fish. :headscra:

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »

Interesting.  Would seem counterproductive to encourage people to kill the larger fish (breeder?) just so they can keep another smaller fish. :headscra:
I know they are out there, but really, How many 43" + bass do we catch per season?  Not sure that is an issue.  Id guess, 1 fish at 28"-43" with the bonus tag making it 2 fish.  The 3rd being that hard to come by 43"+ fish. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
so now we will need to pay $2/day for what we had before for free.

BS

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:43 PM »
Whatever it turns out to be, at least we will get more than one fish here in Jersey. This is the ONLY case where the recreational fisherman gets more than the commercial fisherman in our waters. Thank god there is no commercial Striper fishery here in New Jersey or we probably not be able to keep any Stripers. As we would need to give any fish over 12" to the commercial guys.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 08:29:04 AM »
Did anyone see the results of fish and games catch this season, the count on Striped Bass was 4 or 5 times that of last year...in the Delaware.

My feelings are that all of this is leading up to licensing salt water fishing, first restrictions and pay to catch then registration next license. This state is becoming a suburb of NY anyway.

By the way has anyone listened to the local news lately, in regard to the ExonMoble site that has caused so much pollution. They are settling (the state) for 250 mill. and most of that will be going into the general fund, not the super fund. The cost of cleaning up there site is estimated to be in the Billions of dollars.

I'm not sure that everyone here is serious about the legislation that has been coming down on recreational fishing, but I know if I have spent thousands on a boat and that much more on equipment, I would be dammed SERIOUS!!

You guys can't seam to get together about anything to do with fishing and that's a shame because you have lots of people here that spend lots of cash and time on the water, that's in regards to legislation. Get together and go to Trenton in numbers and maybe something will change. Me I'm a 69 year old man that has lived here all my life, my dad ran a Sunoco station down the street from the Osprey since I was 6 years old I have fished the Lagoons and inlet here, it's a dammed shame what is happening here now. Nuff Said! This crap pisses me off every time I read about it.             
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-