Author Topic: Stripers  (Read 1213 times)

Offline yankeesfn08

Stripers
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »
HEy all i have been fishing alot this fall and i have been getting the stripers and blues but not like they are saying. When is the best time? When is the tide right to fish for them. What beaches should i fish at?? thx for everything

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Stripers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:43:15 PM »
Hi Yankee,

Right now it seems like as long as the tide is running no matter what hi or low people are catching.  Look for birds working and if you can make a low tide scout our the bars and the rips through the bars and fish them like crazy.  Not right up the middle but on either side if it.

I have been using Ortley Beach a lot lately only because it is easier for me to get on and off for a couple of hours of fishing.

Make sure you have a variety if lures and change them often if you are not catching or change your retrieve speed.

Today the catch seemed to like blue and white or red and white poppers with a Krocadile thrown in.

Happy catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline GregB

Re: Stripers
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
hey yankee, arod is back. I am happy. Now all he has to do is apologize and eat a little crow and we got a guaranteed hall of famer for 10 years
"The Fourth Dependent"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-