Author Topic: Need info on Fishing Equip.  (Read 2681 times)

Offline PHIL

Need info on Fishing Equip.
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
I'm in the market for 2 or 3 new fishing poles and tackle. Can anyone tell me where the most resonable place is to purchase these items. I have L&H woods and water by me, and sports authority, walmart, Boat US. I also need someone knowledgeable at theses stores to help me narrow down what I'm looking for exactly. Thank you again.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Need info on Fishing Equip.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
Phil

ass far as tackle www.srmo.com (Shark River Mail order)...in reguards to poles and reels what are you looking for?

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
L&H should be able to help you out.

You'd get better prices at the big places but better service and more knowledge at a local shop.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »
srmo is the way to go.  They are the cheapest by a long shot with just about everything they have.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:19:37 PM »
Depends on what type of rods/reels you are looking for.

Offline TurboDan

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:32:11 AM »
I'm in the market for 2 or 3 new fishing poles and tackle. Can anyone tell me where the most resonable place is to purchase these items. I have L&H woods and water by me, and sports authority, walmart, Boat US. I also need someone knowledgeable at theses stores to help me narrow down what I'm looking for exactly. Thank you again.

Phil... are you near the Wall Twp. L&H or the Forked River L&H.  If you're near Wall, you should definitely stop in there or head over to the Reel Seat in Brielle.  They're both great places, and Dave at the Reel Seat knows pretty much everything about fishing in the area.  Ditto for Reel Life B&T in Pt. Pleasant.  If you're looking to go custom, Kevin Bogan's in Pt. Pleasant is the place to be at.  I'd trust a guy with the name Bogan to do just about anything fishing-wise! TT^

Big box stores can be good for some things, but for rods, it's nice to stick to the local shops where they can give you advice and hook you up with the right type of line for how you'll be fishing.

Offline Capt.Dave

• Absecon Bay Sportsman Center
Need more details
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
I guess you do need some info, If you're fishing back bay or inshore I mostlikely have what you want and enough knowledge to get you what you need. 

I won't have regular hours until March but I'm usually around and it is a good time to make a deal especially on a boat load of equiptment.

send an e-mail or give me a call.  I'm currently changing my computers so the phone might be the best method to get me.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
FYI, Betty & Nicks are having a big sale till March.  So far I have been able to get some great deals there.  And no I am not affiliated with them but I like to shop where I can see the prices before I shop.  Check out their web site before you go.

http://bettyandnicks.com/fish.shtml

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »
PHIL, As the guys have said, shop and walk around.Look at different rods and combos,see what the local guys in your area are using for the type of fishing thats being done.Surf or Boat.Plugging or Baiting,Fluking or Bass.
There is no ONE rod that does it ALL, but there is a Rod, Reel that match your fishing and wallet. Then you will be HOOOOked like the rest of us.Been searching for that perfect rod,reel, since I was Five years old.Oh what fun!!!!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »
 whs X 10 = Fun Galor
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »
Surprisingly, Sports authority has good prices on rod and reel combos. For instance, Penn Senator 113 and Penn trolling pole for around $140.  chrz.  The salesmen are no help at all though. bngh
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-