Author Topic: Slaughter beach info?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline LotzoFish

Slaughter beach info?
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
I am making arrangements for the drum fish run in may. It will be my first time fishing for them.My plan is to get a room in cape may or nearby for 2 nights. My question is, is it worth cruising to slaughter beach ( 14 nautical miles) from cape may canal, or is it better to stay in delaware. I am not familiar with the area and locations of ramps in delaware. Is it (slaughter beach)worth the trip or are drum all over the bay during the full moon phase? Any tips or info would be helpful
Later for now,

John

Offline sealife

Re: Slaughter beach info?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »
we used to fish for Drums out of Cape May.  Ran through the canal and out to where we wanted to fish in the pm with enought time to get set up for the night.  We would pick up the clams and shuck them out on the dock so they were ready to go.  Save the shells for chumming.  There are quite a few places to fish out of the Cape.  Two that I remember in particular are the 60ft slough and the horseshoe area.  Most of the time we would stay until daylight so we could avoid the run back in during the dark but if the fishing was really good we would come in aroung 12 -2 AM. Some mornings the weakfish would turn on as the sun come up. (Back when the weakfish were more plentiful).   We used to keep the boat on the trailer at the BreeZee Lee Marina and also use their launch ramp.   

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-