Author Topic: Winter flounder ???  (Read 1815 times)

Offline BAHILA / PCramer6

Winter flounder ???
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »
Sorry guys my last info ;) request was for Striper but we may keep inland this weekend for some flounder.  trying to stay between the Metedakonk River and Barnegat Bay.  Any suggestions?  Im new to fishing and learning as i go.  I know fluke/ flounder are bottom fish that like to burry into the mud but is there anything to keep in mind when fishing for these catch?  ie.. water depth/ drifting, trolling or anchoring/ bait?  Thanks for all your help.  this site is the best!
BAHILA  23' CC Wellcraft Fisherman
225 Johnson 4-stroke
Fishing out of Manasquan Inlet

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: Winter flounder ???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »
fluke dud and myself anchored up in 40 ft. off water and chummed w/ a bushel of clams using sand worms and clam strips for bait we brough some mussels but they turned out to be dead and we threw them over ,flounder are on the move and fast now that the blues showed up ,I would put one rod out for flounder and one for bass

Offline Capt. Ed

Re: Winter flounder ???
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
Hi PC,

I used to dock my boat on the Metedeconk River.

What species do you really want to fish for?

Right by the Mantoloking bridge, on the south side, there are spots for flounder. I would say that it is hit or miss if they are still there.

There is a great article by Capt. Anthony on our Main Page concerning how to fish for flounder from the Manasquan River to the Mantoloking Bridge. I believe a valid link is:

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=90

Folks were catching schoolie stripers right under the Mantoloking on 4" or so Storm Shads in Pearl/White color.

There are also reports of weakies and blues near the Barnegat Inlet. The guys from Pell's reported that on out Main page two weekends ago.

Send me a PM or call me later in the week ...

The other trend right now is incoming (flood) tide stripers along the beach from Seaside Park to the Pocket in Island Beach State Park.

Good luck,

Capt. Ed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-